Northern Michigan Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TC Raptor

Reaction score
Hey all. I am the happy owner of a 2010 Ford Raptor. Love the truck and all the looks I get driving it. Hope to find some other owners in the area to go on rides with.

I recently got a set of rebuilt shocks, but cannot find any shops willing or able to install the fronts. I put the rears on myself, but don't have the tools to handle the fronts. No shops in the TC area are able to do it. Does anyone have any shops anywhere close to Traverse City or Grand Rapids that will install the rebuilt front shocks for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glenbartley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the raptor.
I guess the reason your not installing the fronts is the spring tool needed. Check out auto parts stores that lend tools or a shop willing to do the spring work for you then you can bolt them on yourself.

There might be a member here close to you that could help.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I am the happy owner of a 2010 Ford Raptor. Love the truck and all the looks I get driving it. Hope to find some other owners in the area to go on rides with.

I recently got a set of rebuilt shocks, but cannot find any shops willing or able to install the fronts. I put the rears on myself, but don't have the tools to handle the fronts. No shops in the TC area are able to do it. Does anyone have any shops anywhere close to Traverse City or Grand Rapids that will install the rebuilt front shocks for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am down in Toledo and could help out but I would suggest using one of the shops just outside the gate to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. That would be much closer and you could play in the dunes after. Congrats on the truck.

Famous last words, "if you hit it faster it will smooth out some!"