No Raptor for me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewvdw

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Drew. I don't have a Raptor, nor do I really have much desire to get one, but my father, who is technologically and automotively illiterate, has just placed an order for one. He just sold his Bentley Continental GT (with the W12 twin turbo) to pay for the modifications for this truck. His goal is 1000whp with relative reliability. As I'm the only real car guy in the family, he put me in charge of getting parts and everything for the build.

A little bit about me:
I'm a Subaru nut, I've got a 2010 Subaru WRX that was tuned to 320whp at around 6000ft of elevation. Still has stock turbo and trans (both of which are failing and is the reason it is out of commission). In the next few years I'll be dropping in an STi 6 speed and a Holset HX35/40 hybrid (for you diesel guys, yes, the HX35 is what came on older Cummins pickups) among many other things. My power goal is around 500whp or so, or at least to find out the limit of the 35/40 hybrid. Eventually I'll be around 600-700whp.

Where would be the best place for me to post questions related to attaining my dad's goal? The technical forum or the 6.2 forum?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look up the thread by member "biggest" ... I'm on my phone so I can't link the thread. He has the most in depth engine build of anyone on here(that I know of). You should be able to get some good ideas from his thread, it's pretty detailed.

Edit: guess I didn't see that kaiser ready linked it.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just give livernios a huge stack of cash and they will give u a 6.6L stroker engine with a Whipple on top. Or go with a low compression 6.6L stroker and the hellion twin turbo!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk