Newby from SoCAL... Hello All

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PreetzMaster

Reaction score
Big hello to everyone from SoCAL... I have had my Raptor for a few years and have never been more pleased with a car for myself. I have owned many cars as well as Italian one =) and this by far is my favorite. Probably because of my size and love for outdoors. Anyway I joined this forum as I am really looking for guidance with some towing information and needed some real input from fellow owners. Currently use Raptor for off roading , and towing small 6x12 single axle trailer which I use for my 2006 Rhino. Looking forward to chatting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PreetzMaster

PreetzMaster

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice welcome all! Its pretty awesome! Still trying to figure out how to navigate forum so sorry for delayed responses. I will post pics soon after I get the photo accounts and stuff set up but I do need some help where I can post a thread on the below question/information:

Hey Fellas,

Ok so I read the few threads available on towing and want to get some more feedback so I can pull stuff with my 2014 Screw Raptor. Currently I pull a single axle 6x12 utility trailer which I load my rhino on and if I had to guess I have towed about 3000 lbs on it without any problems but obviously thats childs play. So per the factory specs of 8000lbs I have found only one toy hauler trailer that I like that might be a perfect fit.

Here is the link:
http://www.pacificcoachworks.com/products/powerlite-toy-hauler-22fs/

Total weight with fuel, fresh & grey liquids & trailer = 6533 lbs. (5365 UVW and 1168 lbs of liquid). Add another 2000-2500 for toys (rhino) and supplies I am looking at a total of 8500 to 9000 lbs to pull.

Well 9000 is more than 8000 factory however I will be doing the WDH and any other sway controls to assist. The width of this trailer is 8.5 feet which I am a little concerned about with the smaller raptor mirrors but I should be fine. I just want to make sure I don’t put to much stress on the car. The trips are probably not going to be more than 300 miles each way.

Anyway any feedback or reassurance that I won’t break my truck would be super cool. Or if you have any other suggestions on different toy haulers that are lighter that would be great. I do need to fit the rhino so i need at least 9feet by 5.5feet storage space. Thanks and have a great day.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get some aftermarket rear springs, that will help with the sag, that's what I did, I also have a bump stop kit and a distribution hitch for my 21 foot dual axle trailer, I used to haul 2 race quads and a dirt bike in the box too!