New user from Denver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bud McDuell

Reaction score
Hi. I have owned nothing but GM trucks for the last 20 years...not necessarily out of preference but because my brother-in-law owns a GMC dealership. Now that I am in Denver and he is on the east coast, there is no family pressure to buy from him.

I have been dying for a Raptor for years now and have been waiting for the 2017s'. I went into a dealership in Denver (AutoNation in Littleton) in the Spring of 2016. The dealer told me that I had to give him $5k to hold one but I couldn't pick my color or model and he couldn't tell me the price so I left. Called the same dealer (different salesman) a month ago and asked when they were getting a shipment of 2017 Raptors which were not yet spoken for. He told me in January 2017 but that he was selling them for $10k over MSRP. He said that was a "good deal as other dealers are selling them for $20k to $30k over MSRP". I'm sick of this same dealer playing me for an idiot so I am done with them. I would appreciate any advice on what mark-up (if any) over MSRP others have paid for their Raptors? Many Thanks!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the site... Enjoy the ride...

JDRUZIK , the guy asked a question and thats all you said? You sound like an automated service reply. He is asking for advice. For him to enjoy the ride he has to figure a way to buy the truck first. And yes i know you are referring to him joining the forum and etc. But its like telling a cowboy to have a great ride, but this cowboy does not have a horse yet and he is asking for help. May as well tell him to beat it.

BUD McDuell go to GEN2 sections on this forum...
There are a lot of discussions regarding the price mark ups. Well your best bet is to wait, in my opinion. People who buy them and have to have them now do pay over MSRP. Another thing is try to research internet and get some phone time in to call and find the best deal. You may have to make a trip out of it but that would be even more fun. Best of luck. (answered by a human)

Last edited:

billj214

Reaction score
I've heard some people buying at MSRP but extremely rare, mostly $5k over.

Have you thought about getting a 2014 Raptor with low miles? I found a 2013 Crew cab with Roush supercharged for under $50k and less then 28k miles, I added a 5yr 100k mile warranty so it's like buying new and still cheaper then 2017 @ $75k after taxes and fees.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi. I have owned nothing but GM trucks for the last 20 years...not necessarily out of preference but because my brother-in-law owns a GMC dealership. Now that I am in Denver and he is on the east coast, there is no family pressure to buy from him.

I have been dying for a Raptor for years now and have been waiting for the 2017s'. I went into a dealership in Denver (AutoNation in Littleton) in the Spring of 2016. The dealer told me that I had to give him $5k to hold one but I couldn't pick my color or model and he couldn't tell me the price so I left. Called the same dealer (different salesman) a month ago and asked when they were getting a shipment of 2017 Raptors which were not yet spoken for. He told me in January 2017 but that he was selling them for $10k over MSRP. He said that was a "good deal as other dealers are selling them for $20k to $30k over MSRP". I'm sick of this same dealer playing me for an idiot so I am done with them. I would appreciate any advice on what mark-up (if any) over MSRP others have paid for their Raptors? Many Thanks!

I bought my '12 from the same dealership. I went in, ordered it exactly how I wanted it, and paid $500 over invoice. I had to wait about five or six months.

My best advice is to wait it out until this insanity ends.

rocknink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm In denver as well.. and ordered and have already received my 17 scab from rapids ford in Wisconsin rapids at msrp.

If you end up getting a truck let me know and we can go tear em up somewhere.

Cheers.

Sent from the Colorado wilderness [emoji902][emoji904] from my signal fire [emoji91]..

OP
OP
B

Bud McDuell

Reaction score
Interesting. I also called Groove, Barbee's and Phil Long Ford dealerships in Denver today. Each of them, after haggling a while, said the best they could do was ~$10K over MSRP. So, did you order a new build from Rapids Ford or did you buy from their stock? Additionally, did they ship it (at what cost?) or did you go out to Wisconsin rapids and pick it up? Thanks!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i take my truck for service at groove. cant say much about their sales dept, since i havent bought from them, but thier service has been great so far. if and when you get a truck, groove seems to be the most raptor friendly dealer around

oh and morning..........