New to trucks/ raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevelp99

Reaction score
Well this is my first truck so I figured I'd go all out and get a raptor as it was one of the few trucks that didn't have chrome from the factory but still had a decent amount of options. Coming from strictly sports cars this was a big departure but I went with a 2014 silver super screw, as I wasn't too thrilled about the new raptors. I've been on the forums for a little while but I figure I'd post a formal intro. Bought got it for a decent price, relatively low miles. and so far I like it. So far I've only done an exhaust (corsa xtreme), and a bunch of light mods, 30in, 20in, behind the grille. two 6in diode dymanice abmer bars in the lower grille. rigid DOTs and rigid flood lights where the fog lights are. the OEM fog light mod. diode dymanic leds for the parking/brake/ remaining lights all around the truck and inside. did ambient lighting inside as I liked having that on my previous car. dash cam, which is a must. Bakflip bed cover, and recently swapped out the grabbers the truck came with for some KO2s, which I love. I haven't had a chance to take it off-road yet so my driveway and curb had been the extend of my off-road. but hopefully when I head north I'll get a chance to see what this thing can do.
xhsJsIf.jpg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Biggest pieces of advice for running in the dirt are pre-run any trail you're going to hit and learn where the gotchas and nasty spots are.

Second, if you or your passenger are bouncing around so hard you're uncomfortable...you're probably going to damage the truck. Generally a stock Gen1 is happy in the 35-40mph range unless the trails are butter smooth.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Biggest pieces of advice for running in the dirt are pre-run any trail you're going to hit and learn where the gotchas and nasty spots are.

Second, if you or your passenger are bouncing around so hard you're uncomfortable...you're probably going to damage the truck. Generally a stock Gen1 is happy in the 35-40mph range unless the trails are butter smooth.

Pre-running is great and all but if there is any kind of weather your pre-run can be as good as worthless so always be mindful.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Pre-running is great and all but if there is any kind of weather your pre-run can be as good as worthless so always be mindful.

A truth I get to live with every time I take the truck out during monsoon season. Finding a new washout in the middle of what used to be a high speed section is always a good time.