New from Spokane Valley WA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WOW

Reaction score
After 8 years of wanting a Raptor, I finally ordered one. I even got a build date of 3/12/2018. I'm very excited. I'll be getting everything I want except tow mirrors. I can't believe they don't provide tow mirrors as an option when the truck has a class 4 hitch, built in brake controller, trailer back-up assist, an 8000 lb tow rating, and more. No, the heavy hauling will be done with my F-250, but I have small cargo trailers and snowmobile trailers that are 8-1/2 feet wide, and the FMCSA requires extended mirrors that can clearly see around the trailer. Hello Ford, are you listening? I've tried to contact Ford and so has my dealer, but we just get the run around. You'd think when we are spending a little over $70K they would want to communicate with us. Anyway, my excitement has turned into a rant. Thanks Ford.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your problem may lie in order of operation. You're assuming the Raptor is a pickup truck with performance characteristics. In reality, the Raptor is a performance vehicle with pickup truck characteristics. (IMO)

Plus, Ford tends to be very aware of marketing focus. Offering an off-roading/performance vehicle with trailer mirrors sends a mixed message.

Ultimately, if the trailer mirrors are important, they can be added after-market (there are several threads here that discuss it).

Here's one: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/anyone-add-trailer-mirrors-59153/