New Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRoyal

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to say whats up and really loving the Raptor.

Little back story my father in law bought the Raptor new in 2012 same year I bought my F150 FX2 EcoBoost new. I couldn't afford the Raptor and kicked myself all the time for not getting at least the FX4. Anyway fast forward 4 years and we both paid off our trucks early and he got the bug for a new Raptor. When he was showing me the 2018 and talking with me about the deal he told me they were only going to give him 20K trade in for his because it is a little on the higher side of mileage. So light bulb went off and I said how about I sell my truck, give you 20K cash and I get the Raptor. He said whatever you want to do. I also have a 2014 Roush RS2 that I drive in the summer so I won't be putting a huge amount of miles on the truck yearly. So I shouldn't have a ton to worry about mileage wise. It has 148K how long do the 6.2L engines normally last with good maintenance.

So sold my FX2 same day and gave him the 20K. I've had it for 2 days and loving it. My bed liner, under rear seat gun safe, and weather techs all transferred over to the Raptor without problem so I didn't lose any of the accessories I had already bought. Also kept my 20" fuel wheels and ordered some tires today. He had the method racing wheels and Mickey Thompson M/Ts on it, but I like the look of a little bigger wheel.

I'm not sure if it is from this forum or not, but this truck made the Raptor Snowball 500 in Michigan. Other than that its all highway miles and he is very meticulous about his service so I know the truck has been really taken care of.

Sorry for such a long intro :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_8573.jpg
    IMG_8573.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
KRoyal

KRoyal

Reaction score
Thanks, from reading the forum I can see a LOT of you guys do not like anything over 17" wheels on a Raptor. This one came with the Method 17", but I'm just not a fan of tiny wheels and huge sidewall. Mine will be used for trail/hunting use so no crazy rock crawling or offroading.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome, and love the new wheels/tires. Man, that thing doesn't look a year old. Congrats.