New owner... sort of

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I searched all over the country and ended up buying in my backyard. Dealership had the closest version of what I wanted (albeit it included the overpriced stickers and moonroof that will never be opened). The good is Im paying MSRP.

The "sort of" point is the truck arrives 3 days after I depart for work out of town. So my wife and neighbor will go get it. Ill never here the end of it from my neighbor that he drove it first LOL.

So its a Lightening Blue SCREW with 802A, Tech package, Bead locks, tailgate step, twin panel moonroof and stickers.

A question for the those in the know-

Has anyone experienced leaks with these massive moonroof after repeated offroading? Not talking jumping but just some trails and mild crawling. Ive offloaded for years with a long travel FJ Cruiser and never would have wanted such a large piece of glass over my head. Just worried about flex. Just couldn't find a SCREW with 802A (wanted the $10K limited slip...:Big Laugh:) without one.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

I’ve not heard of anyone yet reporting a leak because of offroading. I hear you; I was not looking for the moonroof, but was having a really hard time finding a truck without one. and the stickers. There have been a few with leaks, I think most traced back to clogged or misinstalled drain hoses.

I would suggest that for this amount of coin, you should probably wait for your return from work to pickup the truck. A lot of folks have found some fairly significant stuff after leaving the dealership and then it becomes a bit more of a challenge to get addressed. sure, you have a warranty but you have far more leverage before signing away payment for the truck.

OP
OP
Sasha4

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

I’ve not heard of anyone yet reporting a leak because of offroading. I hear you; I was not looking for the moonroof, but was having a really hard time finding a truck without one. and the stickers. There have been a few with leaks, I think most traced back to clogged or misinstalled drain hoses.

I would suggest that for this amount of coin, you should probably wait for your return from work to pickup the truck. A lot of folks have found some fairly significant stuff after leaving the dealership and then it becomes a bit more of a challenge to get addressed. sure, you have a warranty but you have far more leverage before signing away payment for the truck.

Good points. Unfortunately Im out of the country. My wife was actually a Ford Rep for ADESA auto Auctions and has a keep eye for damages seeing she worked with condition report writers everyday. I should be OK there but I hear you on that side.

Only extras I got was the sprayed in bedliner and ceramic tint. Should cut the heat way down in the Texas summers.

Ill keep an eye out on the drain ports. I recall seeing other companies with the same issue. I have a vapor steam cleaner/ air compressor and will routinely give it a blast to clear it out.