New Owner, need education

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JStone610

Reaction score
So after attending TRR17, I decided to start get my raptor. It's. Stock 13, but have TMX here in dallas scheduled to start phase 1 of customizing. What I'm looking for is a good starting place for education. I can barely change a tire without help, but am a quick study. Where would you suggest starting to educate myself?

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here, your at the best place you can be! Just start reading threads like suspension mods for example, lots of knowledge on this forum. Good luck and post pics as you add mods!

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Raven said. If you are looking to do mods how about deciding what you want to upgrade first. If you go off road a lot starting somewhere like suspension or air intake/tune would be a great place. If you want to do work yourself and want to start acquiring tools and first hand knowledge then start with something some like an air box/air intake or brakes. Either way this is a great place to post questions and review past threads for knowledge and time savers. Jason and the crew at TMX are a great resource if they are close.

Famous last words, "if you hit it faster it will smooth out some!"

OP
OP
J

JStone610

Reaction score
Phase 1 is non suspension due to schedule of events. Bumpers, lights, intake, exhaust, tires, fenders, bump stops, etc. phase two will be suspension. Most likely king. TMX will be doing it all.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phase 1 is non suspension due to schedule of events. Bumpers, lights, intake, exhaust, tires, fenders, bump stops, etc. phase two will be suspension. Most likely king. TMX will be doing it all.
Gotcha, so with them doing the work what are your questions?

OP
OP
J

JStone610

Reaction score
Gotcha, so with them doing the work what are your questions?

More just want to how what I'm buying works, terminology, getting a baseline to build on. Reading forums for now but it's all Greek to me.