New Memeber with suggestions needed for new order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello from Philly,

I am very shortly going to be ordering my 2018 raptor in Leadfoot but wanted input as to whether or not I should order the supercab or supercrew.

The only reason I am leaning toward the supercab is that I want a sunroof in the truck and by ordering the scab w the regular sunroof I am saving about 4K over the screw w the full moon roof.

So I’m guessing my question to anyone willing to listen is, should I save the money and get the shorter truck or should I not be such a stingy little bitch and get the full truck. Obviously resale would be better on the full-size.

Let me know.

Thanks,

V

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a scab coming from a 15 screw lariat. Hated the turning radius on that beast. This one is way easier to navigate. I just returned from Hollister SRA and appreciate the shorter wheelbase! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Obviously, you never want to have the rep of being a stingy little bitch.

However, if you want to risk the SLB moniker, ask yourself (yourselves), what is your realistic Raptor use case? In Philthy, probably a lot of pot holes, not much work in the sand. If you’re going all out for off road capability the SCAB is somewhat more suited to the serious off roader, but that said, the SCREW acquits itself nicely.

SCREW does have tons of room inside, which is really nice if you need to use the truck for multiple “duties”

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Personally I like the look of the SCAB but the Screw just seems more practical and I’m assuming is a better value for the money. I just wanted to hear from current owners on which one they prefer or if anyone here bought a Scab and wish that they had gone with the Screw.

Open to any further suggestions you folks have.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Personally I like the look of the SCAB but the Screw just seems more practical and I’m assuming is a better value for the money. I just wanted to hear from current owners on which one they prefer or if anyone here bought a Scab and wish that they had gone with the Screw.

Open to any further suggestions you folks have.

A lot of people need the room provided by the screw...but if you do have a choice, and your intent is to use the truck as a daily driver as well you may want to keep in consideration the difference in fuel capacity between the two. I've got the big tank and still feel I'm filling up pretty often...

RAPTORZIN

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a '14 SCAB now and have enjoyed it immensely. The time has come that I need room for teenagers in the back seat so 2018 is a SCREW. If not for the teens, I woulda ordered another SCAB... It does maneuver well :)

OP
OP
Vintabu

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people need the room provided by the screw...but if you do have a choice, and your intent is to use the truck as a daily driver as well you may want to keep in consideration the difference in fuel capacity between the two. I've got the big tank and still feel I'm filling up pretty often...

I didn’t even consider the fact that the scab has a smaller gas tank. Great to know. Thank you