New member from WA checking in & wants to buy one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rice000

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Never owned Ford nor the truck before but I always dreamed about driving one. It might be that dream might come true sooner than later. Crossing fingers! I just joined the forum today and already read as much as I could, so I'm fully aware of pros/cons for my situation. Have to say this forum already gave me some good insight and advice, really appreciate it!

When I decided that Raptor could well be my next daily driver, first I was like I should wait for '17 to see what they offer. But today I test drove '14 which was big eye opener for me. One, waiting for Raptor is not going to be so easy given that I tasted what's it like to drive one and I can have it today. Two, I was really surprised how well used price is holding compared to other cars and trucks. Is this really normal for Raptor?

This is the one I'm drooling it over and thinking about pulling a trigger.
2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor SKU:EFC00314 SuperCrew Cab

It's '14, 35k miles @ $52k and I think dealer said MSRP was $57k. Seem like average used price. I test drove it today, loved every aspect of it, and now can't get it out of my head. It's fully certified (whatever that means) and still have a little bit of factory warranty left (5k miles?). If I pull the trigger, any other TCO I need to think about? I'll be sure to get an extended warranty to cover any surprises. But if I can wait for '17, I could get a new car for a similar price (hopefully) and don't really have to worry about surprises. I'm telling myself that how can you wait that long and it's hard to come by one you really like but then I've been driving same car for last 17 years (LOL) and no major problem so far. Decisions and decisions!!! (happy one for sure)

Have a good day!

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. I would jump on that one myself since it is a great looking truck, dressed up nice with the matching canopy and looks like it has been set to mid perch on the front shocks (hopefully no level kit installed!). I am still not sure about the 2017 models yet, mainly because I just got my Raptor 14 months ago. And getting the extended warranty is a very good idea too.

OP
OP
R

rice000

Reaction score
Thanks all!

Zeke555, how do tell whether level kit is installed or not?

Also at work parking clearance is 7', will it pass the height test? That's pretty important as outside parking is scarce. With canopy it looks like it's adding a couple of inches of Raptor's height which spec says 78.4 in. Anyone with real world experiences?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Where in WA do you live? I have seen the terrain one at ford of Bellevue for 1 week or so sitting there looking pretty! They have 13' silver screw that's has been there for about month. Doesn't look like the are moving them so you might get a great deal! Although I wouldn't get Ford of Bellevue to service it they have pucked mine up on 3 occasions and I will never go back there. Evergreen in Issaquah is now where I get mine serviced.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Thanks all!

Zeke555, how do tell whether level kit is installed or not?

Also at work parking clearance is 7', will it pass the height test? That's pretty important as outside parking is scarce. With canopy it looks like it's adding a couple of inches of Raptor's height which spec says 78.4 in. Anyone with real world experiences?

It looks like it's in bottom perch/ factory height.
7' clearance will be fine. It definitely takes some getting used to in a park garage. I won't go in anything under 6'10" just to be sure, mid perch and stock tires.

Take it for a test drive to Bellevue square mall and try there parking garage. Just roll up to the height marker and get out to see if the canopy hits.

OP
OP
R

rice000

Reaction score
Welcome. Where in WA do you live? I have seen the terrain one at ford of Bellevue for 1 week or so sitting there looking pretty! They have 13' silver screw that's has been there for about month. Doesn't look like the are moving them so you might get a great deal! Although I wouldn't get Ford of Bellevue to service it they have pucked mine up on 3 occasions and I will never go back there. Evergreen in Issaquah is now where I get mine serviced.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

It looks like it's in bottom perch/ factory height.
7' clearance will be fine. It definitely takes some getting used to in a park garage. I won't go in anything under 6'10" just to be sure, mid perch and stock tires.

Take it for a test drive to Bellevue square mall and try there parking garage. Just roll up to the height marker and get out to see if the canopy hits.

Thanks for the info! That's pretty good to know. I suppose your Raptor doesn't have any problem with parking at Bellevue Square? I'll be sure to check out Issaquah as I work near Eastgate so servicing there shouldn't be a problem.

It's good that Raptor holds their used values but at the same time it's also hard to ignore the fact that I can get a brand new pretty well spec'ed out F150 for the similar price. I know I'll eventually give in and get Raptor but yeah right now that's what's going through my head. So my plan is to test drive new F150 this week and hopefully still arrive decision to get a Raptor. Either way I'll have truck for the first time. :)

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @rice000!

Skip the other test drive, and get the Raptor before its gone.

I test drove an FX4 at the same time as the Raptor, to try and decide if the Raptor was worth the extra money, and I know now that if I had gotten the FX4 instead I would have REALLY regretted it.

-Dan