New Member, owner since 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lvans27

Reaction score
I've had a raptor since 2014 when they came out and i love the 6.2L! I just want to move away from stock...I've driven it as my daily driver stock for over 40K miles.

Any suggestions for first mods? Was thinking of a cold air intake and tune as well as lights.

Thanks!

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a raptor since 2014 when they came out and i love the 6.2L! I just want to move away from stock...I've driven it as my daily driver stock for over 40K miles.

Any suggestions for first mods? Was thinking of a cold air intake and tune as well as lights.

Thanks!
Intake
Exhaust
Light cubes for fogs
20" bar in the center bumper hole
40" bar behind the grille

As for a tune, do you have a warranty? If so bring that into consideration.

I ran an intake, exhaust and a SCT livewire TS+ tuner with 5 star 91 octane tunes it's a new vehicle.

Long story short at 20k Ford messed up and I ended up driving around with no transmission fluid and they did their best to cover it up, in the end I burned out my transmission at 76k, all the damage most likely from that instance, but it could be the tune plus that

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Start with the Pedal Commander, the easiest, crazy effective mod., the simplest. It will make you go like "What? I can not believe its my truck"....

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you plan on off-roading your truck I would do suspension mods first. Your stock Raptor can not out run the stock 6.2. I have intake and exhaust mods , a tuner and pedal commander and all are awesome but if I did it all over again I'd put more money into suspension mods first.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Better leaf springs in the back, some fog lights to start!
I have always wondered, are the leaf springs really that big of a change? Like leaving the stock shocks and everything would a set of deavers or RPG leafs noticably better?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have always wondered, are the leaf springs really that big of a change? Like leaving the stock shocks and everything would a set of deavers or RPG leafs noticably better?

The stock springs are fine if you don't carry anything in the box, I tow a trailer and I go off-roading lots, pick up a load of firewood, I got Deaver plus 2 springs added on and a lot of the wheel hop is gone that was very common when I was driving on deep sand on beaches etc. I can't think of any negatives, except for one, the bigger springs seem to surface rust faster than stock ones, I just spray them with fluid film every year.