New member, Lexington, Ky area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kybronco

Reaction score
Hello all! Glad to find this site. I'm a regular on the Early Bronco site and the Boss 302 site (both very good sources of info) and look forward to learning about Raptors from you. I don't own one yet, but (think) I'd like to find a nice 2014. Only reason I chose '14 was based on getting the newest one I could afford. Any reasons not to go for a '14? Like many changes in a '15 for example? As you can tell I know very little about these right now.

Thanks!

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy and Welcome! First, there were no 15 or 16. Big jump from a 14 to a 17, that is when the whole sale changes happened. Gen 1 to Gen 2. Have fun reading on here which is best!!! The biggest and most talked about is in the Gen 1 you get V8 and in the Gen 2 you get a V6tt. Prices are holding up excellent on the Gen 1, guys getting close to what they paid new for 14's. The Gen 2 seems to be off the chain- folks paying 10k over MSRP. Folks pulling up on lots and they won't even let um test drive- crazy. Good Luck in your search. I would suggest you narrow down which one you wanna pursue cause there is about a 25k diff in the two

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!

the ’13-’14 model years should be -generally- newer, lower mileage and hold good resale value. They’re very competent off road trucks.

The market stupidity surrounding the initial batch of 2017’s with $10k + ADM seems to have settled down somewhat in the majority of the market place but there are still some urban/suburban micro-economic fiefdoms where you cannot find a dealer in proximity without a Raptor markup or “Raptor tax”.

There’s some under MSRP deals starting to creep into the ’17+ market but by and large MSRP is sort of the defect goal line for a deal. I expect the prices will become more negotiable but even so, the 2018 is an expensive truck.

If cost is a concern and you want a Raptor, a 2013-2014 is a good place to start looking.

OP
OP
K

kybronco

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've already learned some things! I had no idea about the jump from a '14 to a '17. Shows how new I am to these. But I can already tell joining this site is going to educate me in a hurry.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey man, welcome aboard! I did the same thing as you...looked for the newest Raptor I could afford. Found a '13 that checked all the boxes.

Best of luck in your search!