New member check in from Georgia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to say hello and thank you for putting on a great site. About me, I came about the Raptor due to an accident i had about a month ago. I had a 2008 FJ cruiser Trail Teams edition and some ******* without insurance ran a red light and tboned me in the driver door going about 55. I walked away with my life and some minor injuries. But am ok over all. Rising from the ashes of the wreck like a phoenix came the Raptor to the rescue. All I have to say is I LOVE THIS TRUCK. I am an avid off roader and have been for years. My stomping ground is the Chattahoochee national forest. There is miles and miles of roads and trails to explore there. I have been running 4x4s there for 15 years now and still dont think i have seen all there is to see up there. I had a chance to run them yesterday and I think I have had a perma grin on ever since. I will have to post pictures. For some reason my dashboard cam was not working right so i couldn't video it. I plan on taking a road trip in the next year to the deserts of Nevada or Arizona. Can't wait to see this puppy in its natural environment.

About the truck now. It is a 2010 5.4 Tuxedo black raptor with all the bell and whistles minus the nav. I got a great deal on it and it only has 9500 miles on it. I plan on adding a winch on the front soon as you need it in Ga with all the damn red clay.

One more thing i am a transplant from the Z thanks to Raptor62!!!!

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally wala!!
So you like the Appalachian trails in the north? Would you go sometime soon?

OP
OP
Waya

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xbx around Atlanta we are limited as to where we can get muddy at. In north Georgia is the best place to run around here. IF you go to rei you can get a map of the chatahoochee national forest and it maps out the roads for you. Shows you all the dirt ones and even the jeep trails. Most of them anyway. I go up around amicalola falls a lot there are some good and muddy trails there. The roads stretch from dahlonega to blue ridge. Some good roads man. I would be glad to get together and show you some time. I also have extra maps If you don't feel like searching for them. One more thing I found for finding good spots is national geographic has some software that maps out just about every dirt road from the east coast to the west coast. The software can even import waypoints from most gps units so you can mark as you go. Highly recommended. Sometimes there is nothing better than getting lost in the woods with a full tank and see where you end up.

If you go deep enough into the north ga mountains you will come across where they train the army rangers at. I have came across them doing road crossing maneuvers. Funny thing is I got the recruits in trouble because I wasn't supposed to see them. When I came around the corner one of the ranger recruits dropped in the middle if the road cause I freaked him out instead of clearing the road. When I rounded the corner I stopped the truck and could hear the RIP instructor screaming at them "you just got your whole squad killed how do you feel now" lol. Brings back memories of the army for me.

OP
OP
Waya

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No mods yet but planning on putting an ADD stealth bumper with winch in the near future. Was thinking of finding a raptor bobble head to stick on the dash might even put a grass skirt around it.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn yea well I'll be down whenever you want to go... My friends got a big copper Jeep. Things pretty bad ass. He's wanting to go too.. I'll pm you my #