New member in AL, hopeful new 13 Supercab owner soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I finally registered after browsing for awhile.

I've been interested in a Raptor since they were introduced, but have a general hatred for new vehicles. They are mostly overpriced and cater too much to lazy, inattentive drivers.

Now that I have that off my chest.....

There was one car that I felt was worth buying new, even though overpriced. I bought a 2008 Bullitt (#1554). I still prefer my old cars/trucks - 68 Mustang, 67 Barracuda, 78 Bronco, and 79 Bronco. You actually have to DRIVE them and pay attention to stuff. These new cars are too easy to be distracted by phones, radios, nav systems, etc. But, that's the way it is nowadays.

So it's taken me 2 years to finally decide I might want to try out a new truck. Of course, it has to be the Raptor.

I've been building it over and over on Ford's website because it's fun. Even bid in the mid 40s on eBay on what I am interested in.

Today, after several emails, I finally stopped by my local dealer to inquire about ordering a new '13 Supercab. Blue Flame with box accents, 801A package, moonroof, and blue accent interior comes to $51915. Dealer handed me the printout with 48 and change scribbled on the bottom and said he'll also give me the hood graphics for $740. About $3500 off MSRP right off the bat. Kinda sweetens the water a bit. I'm thinking I might acxtually try to do this thing. I'm gonna try for another $1-2k lower.

Any thoughts? Any other options I might regret not getting? All I can think of as a possibility is the front/rear camera package, but I don't know if I'll EVER use it.

.....and thanks for having me!!

OP
OP
R

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the 801A include the rear camera? The vehicle builder at Ford.com says so, which makes the $525 front/rear option kinda dumb.

The biggest thing that sucks is I really don't care about power seats, heated/cooled seats, auto temp control, adjustable pedals/wheel, power fold mirrors, remote start, nav, trailer brake, or GDO. But I HAVE to get all that just to get blue accents. That's SOOOOO STUPID!!!!!!

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I can't answer about the 801A, but it does suck about how you have to pay for ALL the amenities just to get certain things. They should be like Burger King, if you have to order it and wait for it to be "Cooked" then you should be able to "Have it YOUR way"!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning.........

you need the 801a to add the other options. one you purchase the 801a then you can purchase the cameras, tailgate step, moonroof, etc....

OP
OP
R

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
morning.........

you need the 801a to add the other options. one you purchase the 801a then you can purchase the cameras, tailgate step, moonroof, etc....

Yup. That's what I was saying.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didnt like it either. all i wanted was a moonroof and tailgate step. turned out to be a $4000 moonroof and tailgate........ eff me.....