New to Me '14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello - picked up a 14 Raptor a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to learning here. I am coming from a 2012 BMW 550 that I bought new so this is quite a change. Loving it so far. Will be pulling it behind the motorhome this summer for two weeks in Colorado and Moab - can't wait. I have never been off roading, but looking forward to getting some experience here in Texas so I can hit some easy trails this summer.

IMG_5129.jpg

The blue dealer plate is gone....

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello - picked up a 14 Raptor a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to learning here. I am coming from a 2012 BMW 550 that I bought new so this is quite a change. Loving it so far. Will be pulling it behind the motorhome this summer for two weeks in Colorado and Moab - can't wait. I have never been off roading, but looking forward to getting some experience here in Texas so I can hit some easy trails this summer.

View attachment 87175

The blue dealer plate is gone....
Welcome. Check out Texas Raptor Runs in Texas. They do some events where Raptor owners get together, run trails, and learn about the capability of their trucks. The truck itself is very capable and, not trying to be a jerk, since you are new to off roaring will exceed your abilities at this point. TRE events can be a great learning opportunity and an excellent chance to meet fellow owners and establish future smaller runs.

Again welcome and have fun. She can take it!

Famous last words, "if you hit it faster it will smooth out some!"

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that a Screw or Scab? welcome and have fun. More pics if you can. Unintentional duplicate response, sorry

OP
OP
K

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a Screw or Scab? welcome and have fun. More pics if you can

It's a SCREW.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Welcome. Check out Texas Raptor Runs in Texas. They do some events where Raptor owners get together, run trails, and learn about the capability of their trucks. The truck itself is very capable and, not trying to be a jerk, since you are new to off roaring will exceed your abilities at this point. TRE events can be a great learning opportunity and an excellent chance to meet fellow owners and establish future smaller runs.

Again welcome and have fun. She can take it!

I don't think you are being a jerk - I have no idea what I am doing. I looked at the TRR, but I can't make the timing work this year. Maybe another event. Thanks

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a SCREW.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

I don't think you are being a jerk - I have no idea what I am doing. I looked at the TRR, but I can't make the timing work this year. Maybe another event. Thanks
That's cool,
They do a few every year. On that side of the country there are several other groups available as well. If you have Facebook check out the Houston Area Raptor Owners group. They post lots of opportunities. I'm from OH and could point you toward more things around here but...