New guy from Tx coast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I cannot find any new info on the 2019 raptor. My dealer says that I cannot order till mid June. Is there any concrete info I should know about? The 2018 I have pretty much got down. The top-of-the-line package black wheels carbon fiber and moon roof pretty much does it for me. I’m assuming the 2019 will be the same? Or just too early to tell? Some people are telling me that the 7 liter is a strong possibility, others say absolutely no way. I’m assuming it’s just a wait and see game? I’m assuming this info of a V-8 would be available when the order banks open though? I’ve just gotten my arms around this 3.5 eco-. The refinement and power just seems to be there.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
nobody here has any inside info, intel, or facts beyond internet rumor and speculation.

If Ford did shoehorn a v8 into the ’19 Raptor, it would be the best kept secret since the Manhattan project because nobody has spied a test mule or rather heard one, and there’s just no practical way they could hide that. Look at all the GT500 leaks.

’19 will not be cheaper, that’s a safe bet.

OP
OP
T

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree. I drove a friend of mine’s 18 a week ago. I could not have been more impressed with the ride and refinement. Just a comfortable fun vehicle to drive. I believe I would be more than content with the eco-boost

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree. I drove a friend of mine’s 18 a week ago. I could not have been more impressed with the ride and refinement. Just a comfortable fun vehicle to drive. I believe I would be more than content with the eco-boost

Ditto, I'm still waiting on my 2018 to be built but did drive a friends 2018 a few weeks ago and it drove awesome. I liked the torque and power of the HO EB. Sold my 16 KR two weeks ago and it had the 3.5 EB and would leave my 2013 Plat 5.0 in the dust. Given that Ford is going to have an all new F-150 in the early 2020's I doubt they do much more than a few refinements to the 2019 Raptor and wait until the new platform to change engines...plus they're selling the Gen 2 Raptors as fast as they can make'em, what's the incentive to do a major change up before the Gen 3?

OP
OP
T

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnetic is the color I’m strongly leaning too. The Ford guy down here told me he was meeting this past Tuesday with there ford representative. He told me to go on the site and build it just the way I want and if a 2018 could still be built, he would do it. Of course he came back with a no and said I would have to order A 2019. Now he told me the ordering would not be opened until the early to mid part of June. I’ve read on here that they are saying August . The owner who I know should be back in town in the next week, and I will try to nail down some definites from him as he is done lots of fleet business with our company . They told me a delivery date of a 19 would be September or October. It just seems gray all over the site just not a lot of it is known