New Guy in Tacoma, WA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mack

Reaction score
Hey all, just checking in and introducing myself. Name is Matt and I just moved to the Tacoma, WA area from the East Coast. Not an owner yet.... been searching for a while but every dealer in WA wants 10k over sticker and they still have multiple new '17s on the lot(also 10k over). Any how, currently looking to get a SCAB built, 802A, in LB or LF. color choice is always most difficult. Currently driving a '14 Power Wagon which was an amazing truck when I lived in Colorado, just way more than I need with it being a 2500 so I guess I'm really just looking to downsize overall while upgrading overall too.

Was looking at this truck but it doesnt have the packages I want so the search continues.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...Radius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=F150PICKUP

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!

Don’t play the ADM game, MSRP was the “goal” for the ’17’s. ’18’s have been had under MSRP from several users here. Just keep shopping, widen the search area, etc. you can check raptorfinder.com as well.

good luck

OP
OP
Mack

Mack

Reaction score
Appreciate the advice on here, this forum is loaded with great info. I got them down below MSRP for the one I listed but it doesn't have the packages I want and I can't swallow dropping close to MSRP for used.

Born and raised in New Haven, CT. Lived in VA Beach for a few years and now out in the PNW for a few years.

I've been digging for a couple weeks on here so definitely not paying ADM and really looking for that just under MSRP deal.... finding a SCAB looks to be the issue. Figure I'll have to order one which is no issue as i've learned to take my time with these bigger purchases.

I really don't want a larger full four door (just me and the wife with kids way out in the future) and have been reading the threads comparing the two. Would I really suffer $$ wise with buying a SCAB vs Screw?

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Appreciate the advice on here, this forum is loaded with great info. I got them down below MSRP for the one I listed but it doesn't have the packages I want and I can't swallow dropping close to MSRP for used.

Born and raised in New Haven, CT. Lived in VA Beach for a few years and now out in the PNW for a few years.

I've been digging for a couple weeks on here so definitely not paying ADM and really looking for that just under MSRP deal.... finding a SCAB looks to be the issue. Figure I'll have to order one which is no issue as i've learned to take my time with these bigger purchases.

I really don't want a larger full four door (just me and the wife with kids way out in the future) and have been reading the threads comparing the two. Would I really suffer $$ wise with buying a SCAB vs Screw?

Get the supercrew... the added extra space is EXTREMELY utilitarian. Regardless of what many might say, the reality is that the scab suffers in resale value due to low demand. Once you have the space of the supercrew, you will never go back to a scab.

OP
OP
Mack

Mack

Reaction score
So I completely understand where you are coming from MGD. My truck now has massive cabin space and I've needed that and the towing capability driving across country 3 times over the past few years. But my time for that need has passed so I was considering downsizing a bit. My brother has a SuperCab and it just seems like the right size. Biggest issue would be just how much a Scab will depreciate vs the Super crew.