New Guy in Southern RI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubJosh82

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Raptors,

I bought my 2012 Raptor in November. Having a blast with it. Looking to link up for some trail rides and learn as much as I can from you folks that have been around awhile.

I live in southern Rhode Island and spend time wheeling in Burlingame, Pachaug (CT), and on the beaches in Charlestown.

Thank you,

Josh

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Raptors,

I bought my 2012 Raptor in November. Having a blast with it. Looking to link up for some trail rides and learn as much as I can from you folks that have been around awhile.

I live in southern Rhode Island and spend time wheeling in Burlingame, Pachaug (CT), and on the beaches in Charlestown.

Thank you,

Josh

Welcome aboard. Not a Raptor owner (yet), but I'm not too far from you. I'm over in Swansea,MA, minutes from the MA/RI line.

Welcome, from Lincoln RI. Work down the southcoast though. Have a Blue SCAB.

When you say Southcoast, do you mean the south coast of RI or the Southcoast region of MA? I assume the former, but just wanted to confirm.

OP
OP
S

SubJosh82

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Not a Raptor owner (yet), but I'm not too far from you. I'm over in Swansea,MA, minutes from the MA/RI line.

Sweet.

When you say Southcoast, do you mean the south coast of RI or the Southcoast region of MA? I assume the former, but just wanted to confirm.

You're correct, southcoast RI

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Welcome, from Lincoln RI. Work down the southcoast though. Have a Blue SCAB.

Cool. I'm sure we'll pass each other at some point.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're correct, southcoast RI

Ahh, ok, makes more sense. Do you take your Raptor offroad? If so, whereabouts? There aren't a ton of places near me, so I'm trying to find as many sites as possible for when I do eventually take the plunge and pick myself up a Raptor.

OP
OP
S

SubJosh82

Reaction score
Ahh, ok, makes more sense. Do you take your Raptor offroad? If so, whereabouts? There aren't a ton of places near me, so I'm trying to find as many sites as possible for when I do eventually take the plunge and pick myself up a Raptor.

So far I've done some basic trails in Voluntown at Pachaug State Forest. Bit of hike for you. I also jumped through the hoops to get a Coastal Resource Management Council sticker to drive on the beaches in Westerly and Charlestown, RI. Mostly sand trails there. And there is one trail in Burlingame State Park. It's a loop - only a mile or two - but was a blast yesterday. I'm hunting for more. I've reaching out to the 4WD clubs in the area but they caution me that the Raptor is just too wide for most of their trails nearby. We'll see.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far I've done some basic trails in Voluntown at Pachaug State Forest. Bit of hike for you. I also jumped through the hoops to get a Coastal Resource Management Council sticker to drive on the beaches in Westerly and Charlestown, RI. Mostly sand trails there. And there is one trail in Burlingame State Park. It's a loop - only a mile or two - but was a blast yesterday. I'm hunting for more. I've reaching out to the 4WD clubs in the area but they caution me that the Raptor is just too wide for most of their trails nearby. We'll see.

Good to know! I don't mind driving, especially if the end result means I get to take it off road.

I'll keep the CRMC sticker idea in the back of my head. Not sure how easy it is (or if it's even possible) for "normal" people such as myself to get one, but might be worth checking out.

Yeah, most of the trails near me (Freetown State Forest) are too narrow for the Raptor. My buddy's 4 door Wrangler fits just fine, though.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Southcoast RI. I work at the Matunuck Oyster Bar and plow down there with the 450.

I've gone through Freetown a couple of times, but havn't found any good spots for the Raptor. Fire roads and such would be the best other than that the East Coast is more for Jeep wheeling. Havn't looked into beach passes yet though, will have to.