New Guy Phoenix, Arizona 2012 SCAB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azvrod

Reaction score
Hi guys I just bought an absolutely pristine 2012 SCAB, white, no graphics, and every possible option from the original owner (special order). 102k miles, but other than some road chips in the front it looks like new..honestly I couldn't believe someone could keep it in that good of shape. Needs tires, and there is a shudder that runs through the truck on high speed dips (so maybe I need shocks?) Previously I had a 99 Land Cruiser which was an awesome vehicle, and I was surprised the Raptor only had a rear locker, whereas the LC had a rear and center lock, and the 98s had lockers all around. Is that because the Raptor is more intended for high speed Baja type stuff, and less rock crawling?

Thanks! Great to meet new folks! Anyone here in Phoenix, PM me on any local gatherings.

Thanks!
KJ

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Hi guys I just bought an absolutely pristine 2012 SCAB, white, no graphics, and every possible option from the original owner (special order). 102k miles, but other than some road chips in the front it looks like new..honestly I couldn't believe someone could keep it in that good of shape. Needs tires, and there is a shudder that runs through the truck on high speed dips (so maybe I need shocks?) Previously I had a 99 Land Cruiser which was an awesome vehicle, and I was surprised the Raptor only had a rear locker, whereas the LC had a rear and center lock, and the 98s had lockers all around. Is that because the Raptor is more intended for high speed Baja type stuff, and less rock crawling?

Thanks! Great to meet new folks! Anyone here in Phoenix, PM me on any local gatherings.

Thanks!
KJ

So since you have a 2012, you've got a Torsen diff up front which will function as an open diff until you lose traction in 4x4 with one of your front wheels, when it will lock and act like a locking diff.

I would definitely look into getting a shock rebuild done, check each of your shocks for any leakage, but at 102k miles it's way past time to get them done.

lastly, Welcome to the site!

OP
OP
A

Azvrod

Reaction score
Not a very good pic but its the first. Taken up at Ashurst lake in Northern AZ today.

Thanks Guys for all the info! Great to meet you all!

KJ

Attachments

• output.jpg
    output.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: