New Guy. 18MY Raptor on Order.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mach'er

Reaction score
Hi. New guy checking in from Michigan. I went into my dealer on Friday, and spec'd out my 18MY Raptor SCrew. I ordered Ruby Red, so I know I'll probably have a bit of a wait.

My first ever vehicle was a '67 Bronco that was decently modified, I've owned another early Bronco, a couple Explorers, a couple F-150s, and now have the Raptor on order.

I'm patiently excited about getting it, and am looking forward to a bit of off-roading in a vehicle that's actually capable again (something I probably haven't had since that first Bronco).

My first add is just going to be a tonneau cover. I'm looking at the UnderCover RidgeLander with some bike and cargo accessories. It looks pretty good, wondering if anyone has one and can comment on it.

Thanks.
Mach'er

OP
OP
M

Mach'er

Reaction score
I changed my order to Race Red two weeks ago. I decided I like it better, and so, I made the change. The order's in, and is "In Order Processing" and "Unscheduled - Clean" with an order date of 7/27.

The dealer told me I was the first '18 Raptor order at their dealership. Turns out I am the first Retail order, as they just received two Stock orders, which are now on their lot. I don't know if they have other Stock orders in the system ahead of me, or whether that matters (Retail vs. Stock, if any other stock orders from them are also unscheduled).

I'm on the fence as to whether I'm pissed or not. It feels good to know my order is in, and confirmed and all that. But it would feel better if I knew I was actually getting my fricken' Raptor.

So, I'm monitoring the landscape for a Race Red Crew Cab, exactly matching what I want, until my actual order gets scheduled.

And, in the meantime, most of us are in the "Take My Money" mode, wondering why it's so hard get someone to let us each hand over about $70,000.

Just make me a truck, man. Make us all some fricken' trucks.

Alright. Got it out. I'll go back to patiently waiting.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the order. I don't know what's wrong with society these days, people lie about everything, their whole day is blubbering ******** everywhere. A guy has to keep pestering dealers etc to get your shit as promised! Sad!

OP
OP
M

Mach'er

Reaction score
Well, after my dealer got their third 18MY truck in, all three dealer stock orders, I started looking at other dealer lots.

On 8/17, I found a dealer less than 100 miles away that had an identical truck to the one I ordered that was delivered to them on 8/16. Called them right away, and it turned out to not be a customer order, and they'd sell at MSRP. I gave them a deposit and then went and picked it up on 8/19. Then, called my original dealer and cancelled my order.

So, I have my new Raptor. Race Red awesomeness!

Lesson learned, if you have one on order, and the order hasn't been pulled, keep your eyes open. You might just find an identical truck just waiting for you to find her, and be able to be driving instead of sitting on your hands waiting.