New gen 1 owner in CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, glad to be here. Got my '12 from Texas. From what i can tell, the previous owner liked to drive in mud. Underbody needed a good high pressure steam clean... Now good as new ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 91

ErikB

Reaction score
Love the truck!! I'm shopping for one as well. Did you have any issues with Ca emissions buying from Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
ogdobber

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love the truck!! I'm shopping for one as well. Did you have any issues with Ca emissions buying from Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No problems at all regarding emissions. However couple hoops you have to jump through to register...
-have to weigh the truck. I did it at a truck stop but you can also do at a recycling center.
-vin verification must be done. Avoid the chp (more hassle than it's worth ie must make appointment and be the closest to your home) just do at dmv, no need to even go inside, just pull up to inspection area and wait
-and if course the smog check. Took all of 10 minutes

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Welcome to FRF. Where in CA are you?

I'm located in los Angeles (Hollywood)

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm secretly hoping that when I do start to look for my truck, I find one that involves a road trip to get it back home. Definitely something on my "automotive bucket list" that I want to check off.

Congrats on the new addition!