New to the Forum - Tlift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

Tlift dropped their lift jaw in the mail and should be here Monday~

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look what the UPS man just dropped off :thumpsup2:

DSC01467.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

My first impression of the T-lift lifting jaw is the device is well built using quality materials.

Now I don't currently have a hi lift jack but I'm working on it. In the mean time I took some pictures of the lifting jaw mounted on the front and rear of the Raptor. My main concern was how well does it fit the front tow rings. As you know our tow rings like a lot of vehicles are some what counter sunk inside the front bumpers. There really isn't much room to install the device like you normally would do. I had to place the bolt inside the bumper and to the side of the tow ring. Once that was done I held the lift jaw in place and reached through the holes used for mounting fog lights in order to push the bolt through the lift jaw mounting hole.

If you've installed some fog lights, you still have enough room to pull the bolt into place reaching through the tow ring area.

DSC01475.jpg

Front tow ring install pictures:

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

Installing the lift jaw on the rear tow rings are straight forward:

DSC01477.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

I'm still holding off on my final thoughts until I can get my hands on a jack but it's looking more and more like a must have tool!

Ray

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Glad it arrived. Borrow a Hi-lift and make sure it fits well - especially lifting either of the rear corners. If it fits, it was a pretty easy modification and we can add to the site. Thx - Bryce

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: Tlift Jaw in action

Sorry to get back late, things got a little busy.

Anyhow, I picked up a Hi Lift jack from the Tractor Supply store the other day and tried out the Tlift tool this morning.

First: jacking up the front end. This was my main concern seeing how the tow rings are some what counter sunk in the bumper. As you can see the Tlift jaw and hi lift jack worked great.

DSC01486.jpg

The jack is a little angled in this picture. I used wheel chalks and the E-brake but I don't think I had the jack centered just right.

DSC01484.jpg

Up close picture.

DSC01487.jpg

**Now one word of note, the Tlift jaw worked great jacking up the front end of the Raptor but once I was done with the front I noticed there was a slight difference in angle on my tow ring. It seems the place where the ring is bolted to the truck had bent up wards a little. I'm talking about a 1/4".

Rear Tlift action...yes the driver side rear tire is lifted...about an inch off the ground.

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow look how perpendicular the lift is! Doesn't look like the truck rolled forward even an inch.

Ray, did you have the wheels chocked? Is that setup as "shake proof" as their videos show for other trucks?

Looks awesome!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow look how perpendicular the lift is! Doesn't look like the truck rolled forward even an inch.

Ray, did you have the wheels chocked? Is that setup as "shake proof" as their videos show for other trucks?

Looks awesome!

Yes, I used wheel chalks and the E-brake at all times. I had our son with me so I wasn't willing to man handle it a lot but I did shake the front lifted tire a bit and everything stayed in place. Now the rear swayed a little at first but stopped after it found a settling place.

BKoolReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. New to the forum. I actually discovered it while searching for Hi-Lift compatibility options for the Raptor.

@SVORay: What size Hi-Lift are you using in those pictures? Also, in your opinion, is the bend induced on the front tow rings negligible, or is it a point of concern for you? Thanks!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@SVORay: What size Hi-Lift are you using in those pictures? Also, in your opinion, is the bend induced on the front tow rings negligible, or is it a point of concern for you? Thanks!

Okay that hurt...I had to got measure the jack and I left it baking in the sun lol

Anyhow, it's 40" from the lowest point of contact to the highest notch....I guess 40" of travel? As for the slightly bent tow ring, I hoenstly don't feel it's a big concern. You really have to eye ball it in order to see the difference...I guess I'm just being OCD or something.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to be a 48 inch all cast...

If you are buying a jack I would recommend the 60 especially if you plan on winching with it. The 60 still fits in the bed width wise if you flip the ring on the top around... or remove it and keep the hardware in the tackle box.

My front ring deflected about a half an inch when my nose slammed into a rock buried in sand... if the ring can take a hit at 40 with minor deflection it should be good for lifting.

Glad someone picked up the ball I started rolling with this one... how much did they end up charging you?