New '14 Supercab Owner in Cincinnati

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I finally got my hands on a Raptor. I purchased a white '14 supercab. Seems to be pretty clean. Im OCD so as I get time I plan on going over everything with a fine tooth comb, cleaning and maintaining. Have already changed the oil with Mobil1, and getting ready to do the transfer case sometime this week. As I don't know the history, ill be doing all the fluids little by little.

I do/try to do, all the maintenance and as many repairs myself, but for the things I may not have the capabilities for, hopefully some other Cincinnati residents can chime in on a good dealer/shop for those types of things. I'm located in West Chester. Besides 60's and 70's Mustangs, this is my first modern Ford.

Ive already been doing research on the site and there seems to be some good info.

Maybe some owners can chime in on a few things I've noticed.

1. When coming to a stop it gives the feeling of pretty noticeable downshifts. Almost pulsating. I have to apply extra brake pedal pressure. Normal/Issue? Also have some lurching with changing from park.

2. Do the '14's have a history for "The Clunk"? During the test drive I didn't notice anything besides the harder shifting (because I was driving pretty soft). But, when driving around town and taking off at a brisk pace I do notice a slight binding/clunk sound. Does the yoke just need a good lube?

I'm to drop the pan and change the trans fluid and filter sometime soon as well. Hoping that may help with the harder shifting

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 18

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in West Chester as well. Mine doesn't do any of that funky shifting you are speaking of, or at least not that I've noticed. If you want to meet up and swap trucks to compare sometime, I'd be fine with that.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Change the trans and both diffs fluids with the factory spec synthetic fluids. I had a clunk in the rear, the one you described. Its completely gone after doing the diffs service.
Welcome.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
I'm in West Chester as well. Mine doesn't do any of that funky shifting you are speaking of, or at least not that I've noticed. If you want to meet up and swap trucks to compare sometime, I'd be fine with that.

Sounds good. I may take you up on that if it's still there after I do the maintenance.

ursusmajor

Reaction score
2018 LeadFoot - In West Chester (Liberty Township) as well. If you need anything, holler.