Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking into the Raptor. Gonna sell my Mustang and get back to the off road life. I have a few questions about the long term 6.2L maintenance needs as well as the shocks over 100k miles etc...
1: Are there any specific concerns I should have with a higher mileage 6.2L?
2: Are there any Fox Shock specifics on a higher mileage Raptor?
I am looking at a 2011 that has 111k but is in immaculate condition and seems to only ever have hauled groceries. Where should I focus my pre purchase investigations and what should I be looking for in the sense of common failings. Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to getting a beast of a truck and tearing up the desert this year.
I have 83k miles tough miles on mine. Only issues that have popped up are

Brake pads fell out once... That was a wild ride.

Whine from the power steering, a 95 dollar fix

And

Transmission issues that there seems to be a TSB for

Honestly I am super surprised at how well it has held up to a beating and I feel like mine will keep on going well past 100k and up

No notable shock problems here ever!

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

B3A5T

Reaction score
update: I landed on a 2013, Blue, 801A truck I will be picking up tomorrow! Thanks again for all the input. It helped me look further into the trucks and make sure I was actually getting what I wanted.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update: I landed on a 2013, Blue, 801A truck I will be picking up tomorrow! Thanks again for all the input. It helped me look further into the trucks and make sure I was actually getting what I wanted.

Congrats! Looking forward to the pics of the new Raptor.

David