Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > New Member Check-In
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


New Member Check-In

My First Raptor - 2013 Screw - Atlanta


This is a discussion on My First Raptor - 2013 Screw - Atlanta within the New Member Check-In forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Another schnitzengruben darling? Welcome aboard.... great color choice...


User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
 
Five-O Donut Hole's Avatar
FRF Supporting Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern Illinois
Age: 44
Posts: 775
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Another schnitzengruben darling? Welcome aboard.... great color choice






__________________
2012 Boss 6.2L , Street King Screw, Loaded, Tuxedo Black
Five-O Donut Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Atlanta
Age: 29
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by AndysLog View Post
hotlanta


btw, we drove through atlanta on the way back from FL. no one in Atlanta can drive.
Lol unfortunately that's true. I grew up in the DC suburbs and they're both terrible drivers, just different reasons

I live in the city so it's going to be interesting daily driving a Raptor on Atlanta highways. At least if some idiot hits me I should be well protected.
AndysLog likes this.
WarEagle135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
 
ineedaBubble's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Swansea,MA
Age: 34
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by WarEagle135 View Post
Thanks!



Thanks. I love the truck so far. It's definitely a big adjustment from the BMW for sure. It's much more comfortable to take on a road trip and it's nice sitting above everybody. People move out of your way on the highway for sure which is also a nice change. It's just so much more accommodating for daily life. For example, I was at the beach the day after I picked up the truck and my boss asked me to send him some files. Instead of going back to the hotel, I was able to climb in the cab, plug my laptop into the power outlet in the console, hotspot a phone for WiFi, and work from the parking lot of the beach. I'd never be able to do that from the BMW. Prepare to be disappointed when you step on the gas though. It's quick for a truck, but nowhere near what I'm used to (although that's not the truck's fault). On the downside, I'm definitely more nervous on tight streets since I'm not completely used to how large the truck is. A 1 series can basically fit anywhere and I never worry about one way streets with cars parked on the curb. Different story in the Raptor. The BMW is definitely more fun to drive since you can punch it and pull away from most cars on the road. I can't do that in the truck but I think it will be more fun for different reasons. It will allow me to actually do things and carry people and things around. The BMW has such a small trunk and I have a methanol injection system in there taking up 1/4 of the space so it's even worse. With the truck I'll finally be able to tailgate for college football games, go camping without worrying about whether my car can make it, go offloading, actually do things with friends and haul things around instead of bugging friends to help or renting a truck, etc. My BMW was basically only useful for looking pretty and going fast. If I wasn't paying to fix it, I was looking to spend more money to make it even faster. Tuned N54's get expensive real quick.

The BMW is going up for sale shortly, but I still have it for now. I didn't want to miss out on this Raptor so I purchased it before selling my car. Once I sell the car I'll use the funds to pay down part of the loan and put some cash back in savings. It will have to be a specific buyer as it's heavily modified and I have no intention to revert to stock. I'm sure I'll get the urge for another fast car so I'm planning to pick up a project in the next couple years.

Here are the mods:
RB turbos
RB turbo inlets
JB4 piggyback with custom MHD backend flash
BMS methanol injection
BMS intake
VRSF 7" race intercooler
CP-e charge pipe with Tial BOV
VRSF 3" catless downpipes
Riss Racing 3" mid pipe and axle back
Walbro 450 fuel pump
Clutch type LSD (basically a frankenstein based on the M3)
Spec stage 2+ clutch
Spec single mass steel flywheel
KW v2 coilovers
Apex ARC-8 forged wheels (18 lbs.)
1M replica front bumper
BMW Performance carbon fiber spoiler
Wow, that thing must have been ridiculous to drive. Love the murdered out look. On that note, you must be a patient man....I LOVE the look of a black vehicle, but they are way too much work to keep looking good. Good for you!!

My E90 is pretty stock, aside from the following:
BC coilovers
BMS dual cone intake
Topspeed catback exhaust
CCW D15 wheels
Mtech front bumper & lip

It's my DD and I wanted to make some subtle changes to it, albeit, on a budget. My motto was "ballin' on a budget". As you alluded to in terms of the truck being quick, but not what you're used to. That's one area where I think I'll be perfectly accepting of a slower vehicle. My 335i, even stock (as you know), is pretty quick. 300HP will do that. But now that I'm driving my 19 month old son around, speed is somewhat of an afterthought. I don't drive nearly as aggressive as I used to, mainly for his safety. So the difference in speed is no big deal.

Like you, I'm looking forward to all the ways in which a Raptor will let me do what I want, when I want. Now, I have to pick and choose when to drive my car:

e.g. are we going into a city (pot holes, bad roads in general, will my wheels gets jacked, etc)
are there any parking garages where I may be unable to drive up certain inclines, since my car is pretty low

Having a truck will be so much easier, for so many reason. Being able to throw whatever the hell I want in the backseat and/or bed. Being able to finally lug my dog around (he's not allowed in the BMW). Carry more than 4 adults comfortably. And many more things.

My commute to work is legit 10 minutes, so MPG is not a concern of mine. I don't typically buy vehicles based on their fuel efficiency, anyway. I want something big, fun, flexible (where I can DD it, drive it off road occasionally, take it to the beach/on the beach, go camping, haul shit from Home Depot to my house, etc etc).

That said, you took the words right out of my mouth. I can totally see myself grabbing a project car at some point down the road. I'd love another E30, but those things are getting harder and harder to find without rust. And those few specimens are skyrocketing in price. Maybe an E28 (my mother had an '87 525e when I was in high scool...felt like a total bad ass driving that thing). Or who knows, maybe I'll be into something totally different by then. That said, I have owned 4 BMW's in my lifetime, and my wife had an E90 before we traded that in for her Grand Cherokee. So, yeah, I kinda like BMWs.

Good luck with the Raptor and I'm sure I'll be seeing you around FRF. Cheers, man!


__________________
2007 BMW 335i - E90

ineedaBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Age: 44
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Nice to see someone else in the Atlanta area with a Raptor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tuskegee7294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Full Access Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 1,936
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Nice! Congratulations
TornadoRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Atlanta
Age: 29
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by ineedaBubble View Post
Wow, that thing must have been ridiculous to drive. Love the murdered out look. On that note, you must be a patient man....I LOVE the look of a black vehicle, but they are way too much work to keep looking good. Good for you!!

My E90 is pretty stock, aside from the following:
BC coilovers
BMS dual cone intake
Topspeed catback exhaust
CCW D15 wheels
Mtech front bumper & lip

It's my DD and I wanted to make some subtle changes to it, albeit, on a budget. My motto was "ballin' on a budget". As you alluded to in terms of the truck being quick, but not what you're used to. That's one area where I think I'll be perfectly accepting of a slower vehicle. My 335i, even stock (as you know), is pretty quick. 300HP will do that. But now that I'm driving my 19 month old son around, speed is somewhat of an afterthought. I don't drive nearly as aggressive as I used to, mainly for his safety. So the difference in speed is no big deal.

Like you, I'm looking forward to all the ways in which a Raptor will let me do what I want, when I want. Now, I have to pick and choose when to drive my car:

e.g. are we going into a city (pot holes, bad roads in general, will my wheels gets jacked, etc)
are there any parking garages where I may be unable to drive up certain inclines, since my car is pretty low

Having a truck will be so much easier, for so many reason. Being able to throw whatever the hell I want in the backseat and/or bed. Being able to finally lug my dog around (he's not allowed in the BMW). Carry more than 4 adults comfortably. And many more things.

My commute to work is legit 10 minutes, so MPG is not a concern of mine. I don't typically buy vehicles based on their fuel efficiency, anyway. I want something big, fun, flexible (where I can DD it, drive it off road occasionally, take it to the beach/on the beach, go camping, haul shit from Home Depot to my house, etc etc).

That said, you took the words right out of my mouth. I can totally see myself grabbing a project car at some point down the road. I'd love another E30, but those things are getting harder and harder to find without rust. And those few specimens are skyrocketing in price. Maybe an E28 (my mother had an '87 525e when I was in high scool...felt like a total bad ass driving that thing). Or who knows, maybe I'll be into something totally different by then. That said, I have owned 4 BMW's in my lifetime, and my wife had an E90 before we traded that in for her Grand Cherokee. So, yeah, I kinda like BMWs.

Good luck with the Raptor and I'm sure I'll be seeing you around FRF. Cheers, man!
Thanks man! It's definitely a fun ride. Most didn't expect to get their ass kicked by a 1 series bimmer

The thing that I noticed was that it was just so easy to get used to the power and then it feels normal and eventually slow again. My 93 octane tune put down 504rwhp and after a few months it felt slow and I needed more. That led to the inlets, larger fuel pump, and e85 blend tune that pushed it up to right around 600rwhp. I've gotten used to that too. Only thing left is even larger turbos and port injection, but the car already has serious traction issues and I'm already running an LSD and wider summer tires in the rear with rolled fenders. I really felt like a junkie that always needed more to get the same high.

Best of luck in your search for a Raptor and with the eventual project car!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
Nice to see someone else in the Atlanta area with a Raptor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Where are you at? Do you know of any Raptor groups or outings around? I really want to take mine offroad but don't know any of the trails.


__________________
2013 Raptor - Screw
2008 BMW 135i - 593rwhp / 584rwtq
WarEagle135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Age: 44
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by WarEagle135 View Post
Thanks man! It's definitely a fun ride. Most didn't expect to get their ass kicked by a 1 series bimmer



The thing that I noticed was that it was just so easy to get used to the power and then it feels normal and eventually slow again. My 93 octane tune put down 504rwhp and after a few months it felt slow and I needed more. That led to the inlets, larger fuel pump, and e85 blend tune that pushed it up to right around 600rwhp. I've gotten used to that too. Only thing left is even larger turbos and port injection, but the car already has serious traction issues and I'm already running an LSD and wider summer tires in the rear with rolled fenders. I really felt like a junkie that always needed more to get the same high.



Best of luck in your search for a Raptor and with the eventual project car!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------





Thanks! Where are you at? Do you know of any Raptor groups or outings around? I really want to take mine offroad but don't know any of the trails.


Don't know any groups but I've seen a few in the area (Powder Springs). I'll eventually take mine off-road.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tuskegee7294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
ineedaBubble's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Swansea,MA
Age: 34
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
[QUOTE=WarEagle135;1153323]Thanks man! It's definitely a fun ride. Most didn't expect to get their ass kicked by a 1 series bimmer

The thing that I noticed was that it was just so easy to get used to the power and then it feels normal and eventually slow again. My 93 octane tune put down 504rwhp and after a few months it felt slow and I needed more. That led to the inlets, larger fuel pump, and e85 blend tune that pushed it up to right around 600rwhp. I've gotten used to that too. Only thing left is even larger turbos and port injection, but the car already has serious traction issues and I'm already running an LSD and wider summer tires in the rear with rolled fenders. I really felt like a junkie that always needed more to get the same high.

Best of luck in your search for a Raptor and with the eventual project car![COLOR="Red"]

I hear you..speed is absolutely an addiction. Thanks for the kind words and I'll keep all you guys up to speed on my progress, once the search officially starts.

BTW, are you on IG?


__________________
2007 BMW 335i - E90

ineedaBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Age: 33
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Welcome! good looking Raptor.
40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 Raptor Terrain SCREW timmyr Ford Raptor For Sale! 8 08-23-2016 08:14 PM
GEN 1 Where did this part come from? 2013 SVT Raptor SCrew MacSVT Ford Raptor Maintenance Forum 11 08-04-2016 06:27 PM
2013 Screw Roush Raptor 29k LEEHWCAP Ford Raptor For Sale! 1 05-09-2016 09:53 AM
2013 Raptor SCREW on its way. Trick_Raptor New Member Check-In 26 11-29-2015 09:16 AM
2013 F150 Raptor SCrew... magstar67 Ford Raptor For Sale! 7 03-07-2015 06:54 PM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum