Lurked for a while - just joined 9-29-11

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading through a number of threads and decided to join. I'm pretty selective on forums but it seems like a good crowd here. I'll likely not post too often so this will likely be one of my more wordy posts, but look forward to learning more and appreciate the open sharing here.

I've decided I will purchase a Raptor but have not finalized much more than that at this time. I believe Black is the best looking when clean but I can not take another black car so that at this time is the only thing I've ruled out. My biggest question right now is do I jump in for a 2012 or wait to see what the next version brings. I am in a position where I don't need another car, I just want one...fortunately I am also in a position to get one when i feel the time is right.

On to the bigger debates:

I like the 2012 but I think I prefer the older graphics. I honestly would likely only get the hood graphics anyway though.

Unless I choose red I expect to get the blue inserts as I love the seats.

I can't decide on the rims. I think the 2010/11 rims look tougher but this may change once I see them in person.

I want the nav. and camera options - but I am split on the sunroof. In theory I want that but after reading I don't know if I do after some of the comments people have had. I am still leaning to it to be honest but it is up for debate.

And just because I like it: :flipthebird::peace::flipthebird:

mrpositraction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome

I personally use the shit out of the sun roof on my vehicles. My wife hates it (she has a panoramic one in her vehicle and keeps it shut with the shade pulled). Some say you get more wind noise, couldnlt tell you, never had a truck without one :)

All door windows down, sunroof open and the split window open feels awesome flying down the highway or through the woods. Of course I never used them with the wife in the, she doesn't like the wind in her hair and the sun in her eyes.

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I think you'll fit in well here especially with that last comment. You may not plan on posting often but you might get sucked in like many of us have.
BTW where abouts are you from. State and so on.

OP
OP
K-9

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Primary home is in IN and preferred home is in MI but where it would not work for the kids and school. It would how ever work very well for a Raptor.

The dogs, kids, and I love it there - the wife may be a little too far removed from shopping but she seems to be coming around now that we have it at least set up for year round living if needed.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
welcome, typically members who use the :flipthebird: smiley in their first post are on the road to success here at FRF