Just Purchased 2013 Blue Flame Raptor! Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ochoa455

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2013 ford raptor
i am looking to give it a little more power and put some new wheels.
Any suggestions?

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
93 octane Tune, headers, CAI can get it close to 450hp. Street queen vs offroad helps dictate wheels and tires. Offroad can't go wrong with Method and Toyo M/T's. Congrats & Welcome! Pics!

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new ride, like myself, you are probably giddy with the whole new feel and overall change of pace from the normal or average pickups out there. As far as performance modifications go, you can't go wrong with some custom tuning from 5Star tuning, a good intake and exhaust upgrade. The tuning will make the biggest noticeable difference right out of the gate with seat of the pants feel and fuel economy depending on which tune you install and run most often. The tuning modules available from 5Star come with 5 different custom tunes so you have the ability to load a tune that fits your use with tunes ranging from performance, towing and economy in all the most common octane ranges 87, 89, 91, & 93 octane levels. When you purchase the tuner, the tunes are included and you can pick any combination of five of the possible tunes available, which I can help walk you through when the time comes and help you better understand the overall advantages for each octane level and tune level overall when the time comes.

There are several intake options, but the best one I have found overall is the Volant cold air intake. They ARE going through some changes right now that has ceased production on their intakes for the time being, meaning that their newly redesigned intakes for the Raptor are in short supply. There are some companies out there that have plenty of the old "bad design" Volant intakes sitting in their warehouses enmass, so be very careful or you can wind up receiving one of those, especially if the deal seems too god to be true. I have the last three new design Volant intakes available for the time being sitting on a shelf waiting for delivery. After talking with my friends at Volant I have ben told to expect production to resume on those intakes somewhere in the 3-6 week range from this week with no definite eta on shipping them. ((Note, the Corsa is identical, is more expensive and is also not quite as readily available for the same reasons. Corsa performance purchased Volant performance and has moved the manufacturing facilities for the intakes)) All that being said, there are several intake choices in our online store linked below, all of which offer great quality and pricing (especially this week during our 10% off intake sale) and comparable performance gains. But you need to ask yourself how you plan to use the truck. If you plan to go hard chargin' offroad and possible mud puddles very much, you want the intake to be as sealed as possible and either the Volant, Corsa OR the aFe with the optional "lid/cover" are going to help defend against mud in the intake tube better than say the K&N intake.

As for the exhaust, there are several possible combinations depending on the level of performance you are shooting for. If you want the absolute most performance possible, I highly recommend installing Stainless Works headers. If you don't mind or if you want the loud exhaust and best performance overall and don't care about emissions, doing so with offroad pipes would be the way to go. But if the emissions and not so aggressive sound are for you, high flow cats would be the choice to go with. For the catback systems, there are several possible options available from Stainless Works, aFe, MBRP, Magnaflow and others. When choosing the catback you want to ask yourself what sound you are going for overall. Ironically enough, the catback system that is known for being one of the best sounding systems out there with the least highway drone when installed onto factory exhaust manifolds, is also the most wicked sounding system I have ever heard when installed with headers with offroad pipes; that one being the Corsa performance catback system. But there are several combinations to choose from depending on your end performance goals and budget, I would be happy to walk you through all of them to ensure you get exactly what you are looking for when the time comes.

As for rim and tire packages, there are also several options there as well, I would be happy to show you different wheels and tires and walk you through that way as well so that you can better find the combination that not only fits your specific needs, but also has the right look for you personally.

All that being said, check out our weekly specials linked below, you will find that Freedom Motorsports offers some of the best pricing around and second to NONE customer service. I am available when you need me, not when the time clock says I am available. Again, welcome to the forum, let me know if I can be of any further assistance in figuring out which performance mods would fit your needs the most.

Weekly Specials
https://raptor-svt.freedommotorspor...th=1314_1322&zenid=q96cgm4g5hr3c74lgor7h8ikf4

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Ditto!
Chris is the man!!
I can personally vouch for the awesomeness of the SW Headers/exhaust/Volant/5star tune package (all purchased through Freedom Motorsports), though my mpg has gone to hell ever since I put them in, but that's only because I'm having a very hard time keeping my foot out of the firewall!! hahaha

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Gee thanks Chris....

Just added another couple grande to the subtotal on my mod list.

But in reality, that was really well written. Makes it easier when you get opinions and not just the specs of products.