Intro and looking for 2018 FR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meanmojo

Reaction score
Hello all. Hope to be a 2018 FR owner soon and perhaps some of you can help me with that. I live in central Florida and I'm on business in Charlotte, NC area frequently. Looking for a dealer in either area willing to sell at msrp and has available stock. Only real requirements are 802A pkg and beadlock wheels. All the dealers in the major markets seem to be in collusion when it comes to the practice of charging 5 to 10K over msrp so I f you are aware of dealers in outlying areas willing to sell at msrp shoot me a PM. Don't mind traveling a bit for the purchase.

Thanks!

Ken

bighaeb

Reaction score
I searched every option I had within 200 miles of Shaw AFB SC, and found Deacon Jones Ford to be the best, no BS dealer close by. They are in Goldsboro N.C., and I worked an out of state deal over the phone/email, and got exactly what I asked for and more. Give them a try. There’s two 802a trucks there now, one with BL wheels that they’ll sell you at MSRP, and even throw in a free Yeti cooler to boot. Go direct with Jeff Hill. That’s the advice I got from here, and it worked for me as well. Great guy, great communicator, and an absolute pleasure to work with. This was literally a week ago that I picked up my 2018, so the same deal is still going on I’m sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Meanmojo

Reaction score
Was literally looking at their site last night (Deacon). Good to know they are good to deal with! I have a bead on a race red about 2 hours away. Should be delivered to dealer late this week. If that turns out to be a bust, I might be paying Deacon a visit. Silver is the only color I have not seen in person.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Was literally looking at their site last night. Good to know they are good to deal with! I have a bead on a race red about 2 hours away. Should be delivered to dealer late this week. If that turns out to be a bust, I might be paying Deacon a visit. Silver is the only color I have not seen in person.

bighaeb

Reaction score
Was literally looking at their site last night (Deacon). Good to know they are good to deal with! I have a bead on a race red about 2 hours away. Should be delivered to dealer late this week. If that turns out to be a bust, I might be paying Deacon a visit. Silver is the only color I have not seen in person.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Was literally looking at their site last night. Good to know they are good to deal with! I have a bead on a race red about 2 hours away. Should be delivered to dealer late this week. If that turns out to be a bust, I might be paying Deacon a visit. Silver is the only color I have not seen in person.

Silver is very nice looking with the dark accents and bead lock wheels.

Yeah, definitely keep Deacon Jones on your radar. I’ve purchased almost 40 vehicles in the last 23 years, and I have to say it’s one of the better experiences I’ve had. In the end, I received a $1500 over allowance on my trade, the OEM trailer brake controller added and installed at no cost, and a Yeti cooler thrown in the mix. So I’d say 99% of dealers wouldn’t go that far for a Raptor sale, unless you’re a known and repeat customer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Meanmojo

Reaction score
So purchased a 2018 Race Red. I was a little aprehensive about the color based on pictures but it looks super bad ass in person. Pictures definitely don't do it justice. I've had a lot of nice vehicles but nothing has ever generated as much interest as this truck from friends and co-workers. Super pumped about this truck!! Unfortunatly I have to leave on a field assignment so don't get to play with it or get ya some pics. Stay tuned though!

bighaeb

Reaction score
So purchased a 2018 Race Red. I was a little aprehensive about the color based on pictures but it looks super bad ass in person. Pictures definitely don't do it justice. I've had a lot of nice vehicles but nothing has ever generated as much interest as this truck from friends and co-workers. Super pumped about this truck!! Unfortunatly I have to leave on a field assignment so don't get to play with it or get ya some pics. Stay tuned though!

The one from Deacon Jones? Deal with Jeff at all if so?

Congratulations!!!