I hoped this 1st one would be with a new Raptor.. Instead its a story about a dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleversn

Reaction score
TL;DR Found a raptor online. I accepted their asking price. They made me jump through hoops (I had to friend the sales person on Facebook) and then they made even more hoops before they sold it to someone else.

Part 1: Ive been trying to buy a new 2017 Raptor for months and haven't been able to find a dealer with the build I want or one that had allocation to order. Yesterday (May 10) I found a truck online and out of state and called to make sure it was available. I accepted the dealers asking price which was MSRP and sent them everything they needed to confirm (Insurance, Drivers license and even my Facebook account...) I offered to put a deposit and they said that it would be $1,000 and confirmed a short time later I could use a debit card.
Part 2: A couple hours have gone by and I ping them to make the deposit and now they tell me they have to check with the owner of the dealership to confirm that they want to sell to me and it will take until the next day. I reluctantly agree since the manager and sales person gave me their word they would hold the truck without a deposit.
Part 3: Next day comes (May 11) - I'm told that they will only accept an offer of MSRP and that I have to finance at least $10,000 with them. I was reluctant again because the negation was completely one sided IMO. They gave me the site I needed to go to and estimated the interest rate would be 0.50% greater than my current approved loan. The site was given to me at 9:54am... at 10:04 they said it was sold to someone else who was also out of state.
Part 4: I told them I would make this review because of how poor their service was and they responded with:
"...you are welcome to do whatever you please we will still be in business selling vehicles you caused a lot of the problems yourself so don't lay it all on us"

Part 4: I called Ford Corperate and told them how I was treated. According to the representative I spoke with this was far from the standard they expect from the dealers and they will be looking into it.

I hope this saves someone from the same headache.

This was Ford of Uniontown, PA... I highly recommend you don't deal with them.

[UPDATE] Funny how the cards fall sometimes. Last night I heard back from a local dealer (Morgan Hill Ford, CA) that they could do a custom build for me. Morgan Hill Ford refuses to mark up their vehicles so I think they just earned a lifetime customer for all my future ford purchases.
Also, RaptorFinder.com is great tool... I was able to search for vehicles faster than Ford Corporate when they were helping me look for availability.
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I was thinking scam up until they didn't take your money. People are trying to take advantage of how bad people want these trucks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Buy this one before I go look at it. I definitely don't need to lay that type of coin down.
Used 2017 Ford F-150 For Sale | Fairfax VA

that’s local to me. not even 1100 miles.

I’d be looking hard at the repair records, carfax, and check for damage.

Cleversn - there have been a few successful buyers using the raptorfinder.com site, emailing “I’m a buyer at MSRP” and starting from there.

Don’t lose faith, the deal will come.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that’s local to me. not even 1100 miles.

I’d be looking hard at the repair records, carfax, and check for damage.

Cleversn - there have been a few successful buyers using the raptorfinder.com site, emailing “I’m a buyer at MSRP” and starting from there.

Don’t lose faith, the deal will come.

Good points. Definitely not the only used one I've seen though.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They probably played the carrot stick game with another buyer and sold the truck for more money. Thats what it sounds to me like. When i comes to car business, unfortunately there is no loyalty. There are not too many dealers that would put the customer first before money.
Do not give up and buy used IMO. Save the money for mods and just because of basic depreciation.

ASR

Reaction score
That's unfortunate. When I looked up their website today, they show 3 Raptors all at MSRP. Wonder why they would play that game!!!