How long will Ford make raptors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matman620

Reaction score
Since it is a specialty vehicle and most SVT production runs seem to only last 3-5 years before they are put into hibernation, how long do you think they will keep producing them?

I would expect that they would continue as long as the money is good (and we all know raptors are awesome), but it is a fairly limited market. Not many people can afford or are willing to pay 40k+ for a truck that is more toy then practical. Are annual sales of under 10,000 (8,614 in 2010 and 1,072 as of March 2011) enough to make it worth it for Ford to spend massive amount of capital to produce such a customized vehicle? Though I would expect that sales would be much higher if the economy wasnt crap and gas wasnt 4 bucks a gal. So how long do you think we can expect to see new models each year?

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm probably stating the obvious but it will highly depend on demand for the vehicle. I would imagine with fuel prices being high and rising Ford may be thinking about offering the eco-boost in the Raptor. If they put the eco-boost in the truck I'll give it until 2015 if not then 2013, and these are all just guesses.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NoCa Diver's right. Hopefully we'll see gas prices start to come down now and that should mean truck sales will go back up and Raptor sales will rise as well.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on a variety of factors but I give it 5-10yrs.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I'm probably stating the obvious but it will highly depend on demand for the vehicle. I would imagine with fuel prices being high and rising Ford may be thinking about offering the eco-boost in the Raptor. If they put the eco-boost in the truck I'll give it until 2015 if not then 2013, and these are all just guesses.
If I remember right Ford said they would not be putting the Eco in the Raptor. Which is a double edge sword. IMO the truck should never have a V6, but then again it will sell very well with that engine.

NoCa Diver's right. Hopefully we'll see gas prices start to come down now and that should mean truck sales will go back up and Raptor sales will rise as well.
I doubt gas prices will ever lower enough to sell more trucks. Guys that are buying Raptors don't care about gas prices, they want the truck and don't care what it cost to drive.

I believe Ford sold 1300 Raptor's last month and will continue to sell at the same rate.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are selling trucks, regardless if they save fuel or are even worth a ****, they will continue to produce them. It's already showing with their additions and so called upgrades, if the customer wants a tampon dispenser, my god they will slap an SVT symbol on that **** and mass produce it. It's already in cookie cutter form, and at this rate there will be recalls 3 to 4 years from now, sales will drop and the fad will trickle off. All we need is dodge and chevy to play along and sales will drop even further. At that point, they will go back to the street kings with twin turbos and so on, and the cycle starts all over.

fillmoreranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere recently that 2012 was going to be the last year Ford will produce the SVT Raptor. I forgot exactly where I read it, but believe the information to be highly credible.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^Huh, I'm not sure why they'd kill it. Sales are thru the roof, selling almost 1200 last month alone. And as mentioned in that link GM and Chrysler appear to both be at least thinking about getting into the market the Raptor created...

What I would love to see is Ford intro an SUV version; call it the Bronco. There's been speculation that would be the next step for Ford, but nothing official.

TxRaptor6.2

Reaction score
According to the dealership I got my raptor from. The manager says ford has 19,000 raptors on back order. He has told me this a couple of times now. Last time he went on to say ford plans to build only 10,000 per year leaving many customers waiting for a 2012 model. I dont know if he is correct for sure. But he seems to love the raptors. Im hoping they will continue until fords next big change in body style. Hopefully in production long enough to keep finding parts in the future not to difficult.