Houston area new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesdh

Reaction score
Just got word that mine will be here July 7 to 14.
Ordered the 6.2L, Molten Orange, loaded except the orange accents in the interior.
Need recommendations on some parts.

Good mats
Bed cover
HID lights

James

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome!

Ford makes a rubber bed mat for around $100... a lot of people like the spray-in liners... and probably the nicest option imho is the bed rug.

There are also several bed covers.. Bakflip is one of the popular ones but there are others.

As FSM said, lots of good info here!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome James! We're happy to have you here and we congratulate you on your vehicle choice!

This site should help you pass the time while you wait for your Raptor. Keep us posted on your plans and be sure to let us know all about your ownership experience. How's the offroading in your area?

welcome_mat1.jpg

OP
OP
jamesdh

jamesdh

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the good info.

Hi Kaiser, I'm up near 290 and 1960..
Not much off roading in that area but I spend a lot of time out in west Texas and New Mexico. Big Bend National park, Fort Davis etc.. It seems this truck will be ideal for those areas. Rocky, high desert country with dried up creek beds.
I'm really looking forward to flying through those areas where I used to creep along afraid to bottom out in my 06 F-150 and hitting some of those "4x4 only" trails out that way.
I've wanted to get way back in Big Bend to access some of those remote camp spots.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool, I actually think Kaiser spends a little time here in West Texas as well?

As for me, I'm located in the Midland/Odessa area and there is a couple of us thinking about taking a trip down to the Big Bend area this coming fall. So maybe we can all get together and have a Raptor expedition down to Big Bend.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Cool, I actually think Kaiser spends a little time here in West Texas as well?
Mainly in the Midland and Amarillo areas.
...there is a couple of us thinking about taking a trip down to the Big Bend area this coming fall. So maybe we can all get together and have a Raptor expedition down to Big Bend.
Sounds like a good plan! Hopefully my calendar will cooperate.

OP
OP
jamesdh

jamesdh

Reaction score
Midland/Odessa area?
I was born out there in Monahans, recently spent some time out there working on top drives. Lot of dirt roads between Odessa and New Mexico.
A Raptor get together in Big Bend sounds great.
If I remember there are some good trails over past Terlingua going west. I remember that there is a big crater out that way with a few trails leading into it. It was marked "4x4 only" so I didn't venture far into it.

It's been many years since I had a 4x4 and I'm ready to get back into it. ('76 F-150 with 3" lift, 38.5 denman ground hawgs and a 428 CJ motor)