Hi from California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grunt66

Reaction score
I hope to purchase a Raptor for MSRP and with the help of the forum maybe this can become a reality. Over the past year I have gone to numerous dealerships in the San Diego, Riverside, and Orange County areas. The markup has been from 10k to 30k over MSRP. I told myself I was not going to pay over MSRP and stopped looking last month. I also want to purchase the Raptor within the state of California. Then last week I saw a Raptor next to my vehicle at a traffic light and the Raptor bug bit me again.

I presently have a 2008 Tacoma double cab off-road 4X4 that I purchased new and it has been a great truck. With only 67K miles on the Tacoma I have several people at work lining up to purchase once I make the transition to the Raptor.

I look forward to meeting new people on the forum and learning about the Raptor.

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope to purchase a Raptor for MSRP and with the help of the forum maybe this can become a reality. Over the past year I have gone to numerous dealerships in the San Diego, Riverside, and Orange County areas. The markup has been from 10k to 30k over MSRP. I told myself I was not going to pay over MSRP and stopped looking last month. I also want to purchase the Raptor within the state of California. Then last week I saw a Raptor next to my vehicle at a traffic light and the Raptor bug bit me again.

I presently have a 2008 Tacoma double cab off-road 4X4 that I purchased new and it has been a great truck. With only 67K miles on the Tacoma I have several people at work lining up to purchase once I make the transition to the Raptor.

I look forward to meeting new people on the forum and learning about the Raptor.

I was in your place earllier this year. Buying from out of State is not complicated. My one "hiccup" is that I purchased from a dealer that was outside the normal truck routes; so it made shipping my raptor difficult (I ended up driving it back).

Try Nevada, Arizona, etc.

good luck!

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2013 and 2014 I looked and looked finial gave up as they all wanted 10k over.
in 2015 there was one red one left and perfect for me but he would only go down to 7K over and it was a year old lol. I found one with 600 miles fully loaded SE at sticker in Bosie. I flew down drove it back. Ca is a bunch or rich greedy bastards. the rich ones set the tone and the greed keep it going.
ford didn't help by upping MSRP either. the first raptor I seen in CA was 101K LMAO 101K for a truck. look outside of CA or your going to be upset like me

OP
OP
G

Grunt66

Reaction score
The markup on vehicles out here is crazy. Back in 2012 I was in the market for Mustang Boss 302 but most dealers wanted 20k over MSRP. So I went with a 2012 C6 Z06 and received 15k off of MSRP. Then the C7 Stingray came out in 2014. Found a Z51 package C7 optioned with the 3LT interior, vehicle MSRP was 78K and they had it marked up 20K. The sales manager for the C7 told me when I offered to buy at MSRP, "I don't need 20 people to offer to buy at MSRP I just need one to buy as priced". I never went back to the dealership in Irvine CA (Orange County). I now have a 2015 BMW M3 (F80) as a pleasure vehicle that I purchased new in July of 2014 for 3k under MSRP.