Help with P0430 check engine light 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Acesover8s

Reaction score
Hey I’m new here this will be my first post. This might be a little too intense of a question but I decided to get a quieter muffler on my exhaust (cat back true duel exhaust magnaflow) and within an hour of leaving the exhaust shop, I got a check engine light code P0430. Which means my bank 2 catalyst is preforming below efficiency. I find it as quite a coincidence since I just left an exhaust shop and it’s an exhaust code. I have heard before the Cats never die, they’re always murdered so I’ve been tying to find the culprit. My current ideas are an Intake Manifold Gasket leak or an exhaust leak or possibly even the new muffler somehow. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Lastly, I still have factory tubes on my Raptor... and I have aftermarket exhaust, CAI, and throttle body... could the lack of a proper tune have caused too much fuel to flow through thus melting my cat? Thank you