help me with options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bensenvill

Reaction score
OK about to put in an order for my first truck... and I'm struggling on what options to bite on and what to pass or do aftermarket for.

Usage:
Need to tow a racecar to events a few times a year.
Pull a small camper once a month.
Carry 2 kayaks often. (what are people using for roofracks??)
No offroad but needs to handle rough winters.

Needs/wants:
I have limited neck mobility due to an accident. Never had a car that has had options to help with that but backup/blindspot help would be big deal (not sure what I can get with 801A vs 802A)
I need a bed liner and cover. Just don't know if that is best to do through the factory or aftermarket. I don't have any special needs with that.
Seat heaters! Other than that I could care less about any personal creature compforts (I'm ok biting the bullet on the 801A just for that)

Concerns:
Sunroof. I really like me a sunroof but 20 years of owning fords and I have had nothing but nightmare experiences with sunroof failures.

Thanks in advance.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to frf and good luck with your new Raptor order.
802A
Sunroof
Aftermarket
MX4 backflip, linex
Extended warranty from Flood Ford.

All you'll need.

It's more of a off road truck than a tow hauler. It works as both but check your weight limits for your individual towing needs.

OP
OP
B

bensenvill

Reaction score
appreciated. and well aware it's more of an off-roader..... I've been driving duratecs for 20 years now and hey sorry, really just want to have one of the best offerings of that derived motor. My towing needs are pretty modest, pretty sure most trucks would cover that requirement.

but concerning 801A vs 802A, I can say the following are of interest and I am willing to drop the extra $2500, but I have doubts on dropping the extra $3500 for the remaining options 802A adds

+ 4.10 Front-Axle w/TORSEN® Differential $500
• 360-degree Camera $375
• BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Tow Monitoring $590
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller $275
• LED Box Lighting $125
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist $395
• Remote Start System with Remote Tailgate Release $195

Not sold on:
• Advanced Security Pack (incl. SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) and Inclination/Intrusion Sensors)
• Ambient Lighting
• Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• SYNC® Connect
• Heated Steering Wheel
• Inflatable Rear Safety Belts (SuperCrew® only)
• LED side-mirror Spotlights (with High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps)
• Memory System (Seat, Pedal, Exterior Mirror)
• Intelligent Access with Push-button start
• Power-folding, Power Glass Sideview Mirrors with Heat, Turn Signal, Memory, Auto-Dimming Feature (Driver's Side), High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps. Body-Color Skull Caps
• Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column with Memory
• B&O PLAY Premium Audio System Single-CD with HD Radio™ and SiriusXM® Radio
• Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO)
• Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the 801 and added what I wanted. That's what work for me. YMMV.

The only way I would have went to 802 is if it was the only way to get Torsen diff and/or 360 camera.

By the way, Sync connect will allow you to remote start....from anywhere.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't order my truck, found on lot. Mine has every option they make. I could do without or never use the front camera and sunroof. The rest of the stuff pretty cool to have. My only other 2cents, as has been said here before, think of resale. A top end truck is kinda expected to have the bells and whistles, so for that reason I don't mind having a couple options I don't use a lot