Hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rory_a

Reaction score
Hi all, new member from Reno. Currently looking to purchase a Raptor to replace my lightly built 99 Jeep Cherokee for daily/kid-and-crap hauling duties as well as fairly regular light trail use.

Joined up to inquire about a for sale listing, but likely would have joined in due time. Been doing a lot of research, and will continue to. Glad to see so much info and community on this forum, will serve as a great resource now and after my purchase.

Also hope to join in some runs when possible to stretch the legs of whatever I end up picking up.

Thanks all,
Rory

OP
OP
R

rory_a

Reaction score
It's been less than 24 hours since I picked up from Big Brother's beautiful 2013 white super crew, with a fresh detail and tons of tasteful mods. My son wanted to take the new truck to get donuts this morning (his third time in it already ), so we gave her a proper welcome to the family.

We are fortunate enough to live less than a quarter mile from BLM open lands, a lot of which was recently gifted to one of the local Indian colonies. But this is essentially my backyard, and a trail set I have taken countless times, and the last two pics are from a little gully I have used to test suspension flex, rub points, and bump stops on my Cherokee. Without getting out a tape, I think the raptor has roughly 6" more articulation than the Cherokee with 3.5" flex springs, boomerang shackles set at 1.5", and 6" over stock shocks.

So far, the Raptor is an incredibly impressive vehicle and experience.

Attachments

• IMG_3165.jpg
    IMG_3165.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3166.jpg
    IMG_3166.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
R

rory_a

Reaction score
Ironically, I've only ever sought out one white vehicle, my last truck, which was a Chevy 2500 diesel that I bought when we were trying to get a hot rod/chassis shop going. After walking away from that venture I sold that truck and bought the Cherokee, and have wanted to get into another since.