Greetings Y'all...Help me decide please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dogtag

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a long time lurker and hopefully soon to be a Gen1 owner.
I've been looking at a 2013 SCAB with about 60k miles for little under 38k.
I would really appreciate yalls guidance so I can decide whether this is a good deal or not.

I just recently got back from a deployment and need a full time vehicle for me and the family. I don't have the money to buy a Gen 2 or I would.

I'm attaching pics of the condition of the truck and especially the shocks(the rust scares me)

All/any comments will be appreciated
Thanks in advance!!

RAPTOR 1.png

RAPTOR 2.png

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1285.JPG

IMG_1286.JPG

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The rust you are talking about is not on the factory shock, but rather the junk shock extension from the aftermarket lift kit on the truck. I'd shy away from this truck on that basis and buy one with fewer/better modifications.

OP
OP
D

dogtag

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it a lot.
Other than the rust , the truck is very clean and they are willing to sell it for 37k...I've been looking for a raptor with less than 60k miles for around that price and havent come across any that are this clean...how easy is it to take out the extension and reservice the shocks?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it a lot.
Other than the rust , the truck is very clean and they are willing to sell it for 37k...I've been looking for a raptor with less than 60k miles for around that price and havent come across any that are this clean...how easy is it to take out the extension and reservice the shocks?

not always that easy.. i helped put a lift on a buddys ram truck and the top mounting bracket for the front diff had to be cut off. Im sure it could be welded back on, but if you dont have it to begin with... might be harder..

Id bail on this one. there's plenty out there for sale.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The shock extension is relatively straight forward to remove, but you might need to downsize tires if you go that route...
There is a shock exchange program (search for it on this site) that gets your actual shocks rebuilt to better than new. I don't think they could do much for the extension piece. Should set you back anywhere from $500-$700.
I'd shy away from any lifted Raptor... defeats the purpose, and actually degrades capability in nearly all situations.

OP
OP
D

dogtag

Reaction score
You guys are very helpful and I really appreciate ya'll chiming in and helping me out.
Now I've been looking for a raptor for less than 38000$ with less than 60k miles.

If you guys can point me in the direction where I can find one for less than that price and in a better shape, I'd really appreciate it. Everything I have seen online thats less than 37000$ has a lotta miles on it.

Also,if I can convince the seller to bring the price down to 35k, would that be a good deal on this truck or is it still better off staying away from it? Does lifting a raptor cause any other damage I should be aware of?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i always look on autotrader, expand to a few hundred miles and sort by price lowest if im looking to see whats out there.

i found 2 friends trucks they bought on there. one was an under msrp on an 18.. whats your location?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a family get a Screw....and thank you for your services. I do not like what i see in the pics. This truck can turn into a money pit just to straighten out the suspension aspect. Keep an eye on classifieds here. There are deals out there just be patient.

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out ebay. There is a 2012 with 36k miles for $36K. It's in NY at a dealer. It's the orange color. Says all stock, never off road. It looks great in the pictures.