Greetings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jggtn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this forum searching for programming mods for my newly purchased 2017 Raptor.

Aside from throttle and performance boosts, I'm shopping for a way to disable auto-shutoff (which is currently limited to a frustratingly short 30 minute delay.) Work related reasons aside, I do rescue animal transport and I can ill afford to leave live critters in a non-airconditioned environment for any extended periods of time; especially during the hot summer months (who I blame on Al Gore for inventing global warming, but I digress).

I didn't opt for the flashy exterior detailing, rather I wanted a plain, off-road configuration.

Getting the bed lined, decked, and covered this coming week (along with the obligatory tow hitch and 80' winch).

Attached below are images of my truck. (Note the embedded LED lighting embedded in the front and rear bumpers.)

Except for a few quirks, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this truck.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2051.jpg
    IMG_2051.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2053.jpg
    IMG_2053.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2045.jpg
    IMG_2045.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Found this forum searching for programming mods for my newly purchased 2017 Raptor.

Aside from throttle and performance boosts, I'm shopping for a way to disable auto-shutoff (which is currently limited to a frustratingly short 30 minute delay.) Work related reasons aside, I do rescue animal transport and I can ill afford to leave live critters in a non-airconditioned environment for any extended periods of time; especially during the hot summer months (who I blame on Al Gore for inventing global warming, but I digress).

I didn't opt for the flashy exterior detailing, rather I wanted a plain, off-road configuration.

Getting the bed lined, decked, and covered this coming week (along with the obligatory tow hitch and 80' winch).

Attached below are images of my truck. (Note the embedded LED lighting embedded in the front and rear bumpers.)

Except for a few quirks, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this truck.

Cheers!

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

Welcome to FRF. The pics didn’t come through, but we’ll take it on faith for now. :biggrin:

I was going to suggest sport mode but I think you are talking about a different issue. I’m not sure about the 30 minute cut off. - could you use Ford Pass (app) to restart if you need to ? I hear you about the animal issue, and Al Gore. Though I thought he was eaten by ManBearPig some years back in South Park...

OP
OP
jggtn

jggtn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. The pics didn’t come through, but we’ll take it on faith for now. :biggrin:

. . . I’m not sure about the 30 minute cut off. - could you use Ford Pass (app) to restart if you need to ? I hear you about the animal issue, and Al Gore. . .
I think I fixed the images. Tried FordPass. Thanks! It does not support extended park & idle time adjustments.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome and sharp truck

you can disable the auto shutoff per a start cycle from the dash. settings-advanced settings-vehicle. it will re enable after the truck is turned off and on again.

also look into forscan for secure idle and a few other changes.

auto start/stop disable.
Lincoln style auto fold.
double honk disable
engine and transmission temp display with quick boot.
fake engine noise disable

OP
OP
jggtn

jggtn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome and sharp truck

you can disable the auto shutoff per a start cycle from the dash. settings-advanced settings-vehicle. it will re enable after the truck is turned off and on again.

also look into forscan for secure idle and a few other changes.

auto start/stop disable.
Lincoln style auto fold.
double honk disable
engine and transmission temp display with quick boot.
fake engine noise disable

Thank you!

Been spending the past 3 hours researching Forscan, adapters, and reading the Tutorial & spreadsheets. Not sure if I'm inclined enough to abuse myself by reading 879 F150 Forum pages. (Maybe I'll stumble into a Raptor only summary.)

Nevertheless, someone's put a huge amount of work into compiling data and making it generally available. Really appreciated!

Looks like I'll be ordering a couple ODBII modules and maybe a Windows tablet (though I loath using Windows. Sometimes it's a necessary evil. )

OP
OP
jggtn

jggtn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

is the one i got for use with my laptop. forscan is super easy to use. make sure u back up the as built before changing any modual . and the first page here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466 is about all you need. do each modual individual.

Thanks! Lots of interesting tabs in that spreadsheet. First things on my list are: reverse tilt mirrors, auto fold mirrors, fake engine noise (really?!), powerport timeouts, and auto start/stop. Secure idle lock makes sense for the pups. Question is whether or not between auto start/stop and secure idle lock I can get extended running park times. Guess I'll soon find out.

Anyone know the best place to contact in the Southeast US for PCM performance tuning? I live in Chattanooga. Most nearby metros are within 2 hours (Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Asheville, Huntsville, Birmingham).