First post. Long time lurker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vettster

Reaction score
Just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone.
Been a lurking member for a few months now and have gotten lots of good tips so far.
No stranger to 4WD vehicles. Have had a bunch of them. Traded off my 06 H2 (GM POS!) for the Raptor and still have an 06 Rubicon that I play with every once in a while.
I picked up my 2011 SC Raptor in Houston a few days ago. All I can say is wow!
Stopped by Hennessey Performance and dropped some more down for their VelociRaptor 475 kit. (VelociRaptor 475 S/N#20)
Drove (flew?) it back home to Veracruz, Mexico and arrived today. What a trip! This thing rocks!:peace: Got it tuned now for 91 octane. Hope to reprogram it for 93 once I get the headers installed.:drool:
Lots of good information here.:waytogo:
Hope to have some more to add as the install progresses.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
How are things in veracruz?
I used to frequent there alot
Beatiful town
I Had contracts with pemex so i was there and poza rico alot.
Wife will not allow me to travel with all the narcos fighting. I would be really nervous in a sweet ass truck like yours lol

OP
OP
Vettster

Vettster

Reaction score
Welcome!
How are things in veracruz?
I used to frequent there alot
Beatiful town
I Had contracts with pemex so i was there and poza rico alot.
Wife will not allow me to travel with all the narcos fighting. I would be really nervous in a sweet ass truck like yours lol

I spent a lot of time working in Tabasco a few years back on a Pemex contract. (Dos Bocas)
It's OK down here but like any place you have to be aware of your surroundings. Been all over the country on my bikes and never had a problem. No traveling here at night. Ever! FWIW: The last time my truck got robbed, was in Houston, Texas and it happened at 2:00 in the afternoon at the Galleria. (Basturds!)
We don't travel thru Poza Rica anymore we avoid Tampico like the plague.
We go over towards Mexico City and then to the North right smack thru the middle of the country. Takes about 6 hours more to get to the border but the highways are much better. (and safer)
The Raptor doesn't draw as much attention as my old truck. (A bright orange, limited edition H2)
Raptors haven't made it to the Mexican market yet so most people really don't know what they are looking at. They know it's some kind of Lobo (Ford F-150) but they don't really know what kind exactly.:waytogo: