Finally a vehicle without compromise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After years of driving what I call "compromise cars", I'm excited to be an owner of a 2018 Raptor SuperCrew.

A fast car? Can it fit car seats? Can it tow? Can I haul stuff in the back? Is it comfortable to take on long trips? Can I occasionally go off-roading? While I've owned a few cars that can do 1, maybe 2 of the things on the list (this is my first truck in a long time), I now drive something I can do it all in. For the first time I'm driving something that I don't see any expiration date. When I owned a corvette, I knew eventually it would have to go when the kids came. When I owned a jeep, I knew it would have to go when the family grew. Now I own something that will last until I decide to upgrade to Gen 3.

Anyways, looking forward to being a part of the forum community. I'm here in Texas, which is lacking of some wide open public lands for offroad fun, so I'll hopefully be attending TRR next year and will be planning a roadtrip to New Mexico or Cali for some desert runs.

No mods planned yet. Would like to get something I can use the auxiliary switches with, but nothing that adds any height. Maybe a sweet light bar in the grill. Any suggestions or words of advice welcome!

OP
OP
Talbor

Talbor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a shot taken this morning. I was able to find one on the lot without the stickers. I prefer the cleaner look and glad I didn't have to pay for the option to then peel them right off.

L4V9Y_ackyLSsX7HYlp6x97cMKOQ5wd2TmqU=w1240-h930-no.jpg

Edit: Updated the picture after reading it wasn't working for others. Please let me know if it's still not working.

Last edited:

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I too am a past multiple vette/ZO6 owner, and I share a lot of your opinion on the Raptor. In fact after owning my awesome beast, I will never go back to crawling out of a car again... I much prefer crawling into one LOL

But be prepared to sell the children... because owning a raptor means the mods MUST soon begin...:biggrin:

Check out the light forum to fill up those switches. My personal suggestion is Baja design lights with Ford Raptor.com kit from Jeff...

There are also many good vendors on this form that you should plan to support. I have worked with Jeff, 4x4ledlights.com, and Baja Designs... but there are many others who I encourage you to support. Either way prepared to thin out that wallet!

Again, welcome aboard, and enjoy the Beast... oh and get that sucker off road as quick as you can so you can see what you actually bought.

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After years of driving what I call "compromise cars", I'm excited to be an owner of a 2018 Raptor SuperCrew.

A fast car? Can it fit car seats? Can it tow? Can I haul stuff in the back? Is it comfortable to take on long trips? Can I occasionally go off-roading? While I've owned a few cars that can do 1, maybe 2 of the things on the list (this is my first truck in a long time), I now drive something I can do it all in. For the first time I'm driving something that I don't see any expiration date. When I owned a corvette, I knew eventually it would have to go when the kids came. When I owned a jeep, I knew it would have to go when the family grew. Now I own something that will last until I decide to upgrade to Gen 3.

Anyways, looking forward to being a part of the forum community. I'm here in Texas, which is lacking of some wide open public lands for offroad fun, so I'll hopefully be attending TRR next year and will be planning a roadtrip to New Mexico or Cali for some desert runs.

No mods planned yet. Would like to get something I can use the auxiliary switches with, but nothing that adds any height. Maybe a sweet light bar in the grill. Any suggestions or words of advice welcome!

I literally could not have said this better, myself. I'll be selling my 2007 BMW 335i come January and starting my search for a Gen 1 SCREW. And you hit the nail on the head as to why.

Too often, I find myself having to pick and choose when and where to drive my car (it's lowered, quite a bit, on a coilover suspension). So if I go into Providence or Boston, I'm not taking my car. Or if I need to haul around myself and 3 of my buddies (got one car seat...soon to be two), I'll either take the Grand Cherokee or ask one of them to drive to avoid all that weight causing my car to bottom out.

Could I raise the car? Of course. But aside from that looking less pleasing aesthetically, that doesn't equate to more leg and head room. Not only that, but I'm very **** about my car and what is allowed inside of it. I need something more rugged that can hold more and will let me and my family (and their needs) grow along with it.

That said, congrats and welcome aboard! Looking forward to what you end up doing with this beast.

OH, and FYI, your photo isn't working.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Welcome to the site!

Bailey here with Baja Designs. We have a wide variety of Raptor Specific Kits including a 30" S8 LED Light Bar that mounts behind the upper grille. This kit includes lights, mounts, and raptor specific wiring for a pain free install.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-Raptor-2017-30-S8-Grille-LED-Light-Bar-Kit.asp

33359997360_ec1955fe51_b.jpg
37797533531_af3bbbf620_b.jpg

Feel free to take a look at our Baja Designs - Gen 2 - General Discussion Thread for more info on our 2017/18 Raptor products:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f265/baja-designs-general-discussion-thread-gen-2-a-51960/

All of our Gen 2 Raptor kits can be found on our site here:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-F-150-Raptor-17-Lighting-Kits.asp

We do offer a 10% forum discount and $5 shipping if you enter "BDForums" coupon code at checkout.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
[email protected]