Downunder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manjisam

Reaction score
G'day Guys, excited to join the group.
I have on order a brand spanking new fully loaded Raptor which they tell me that it still could be anywhere up to nine months away.
By the time the truck it is built, freighted across your country, shipped to Queensland Australia, converted from left hand drive to right, inspected by Department of Transport, the trucked across Australia to the south west corner of Western Australia, re-inspected here in WA and then road registered, I should see it later this year I hope!
Just a point to note my driveway total on road cost is $169,307.00 US, which equates to a couple of hundred short of $210K AUD.
I've seen some YouTube clips with some people whinging about the price of Raptors there, they should be so lucky.
From my research there are already couple of 2017 super cabs already here in WA but because of our Vehicle Standards laws it is extremely difficult to register a crew cab with the Raptor spec, they deem it a sports vehicle so they will have remove the middle rear seat belt and down rate its load carrying capacity to 150 kilograms. I argued the point that its not a Ferrari but nobody listened.
So be it, I'll put up with there nonsense as this has been a dream for sometime now and it's coming to reallity.
Looking forward to making some online friends who share the same excitement.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Manjisam,
Welcome! There are a number of Aussies here.. @BigKahuna is one. I have dreamed of doing a 6 month walkabout for a long time. My son is a dedicated surfer, and I hope that we can circle OZ...off-roading and surfing along the way.
Like anywhere there are opinions a plenty here; look into what interests you, ask questions, and do what YOU want! The Raptor is a fair dinkum off road vehicle!

Eddie