Did this really happen or am I dreaming....?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on finally finding your dream truck! Well worth the wait I'm sure! Blue is the best color btw, and you were fortunate enough to find one that is the right color inside and out! Let the adventure begin!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ineedaBubble

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good pick up. Did you push for the fuse 27 relocation to be completed? Did you leverage the need for a shock rebuild?

Congrats on joining the club.

What’s on the list for modifications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you...I'm pumped!

I didn't push for it, only because of the timing and everything. I wouldn't 100% know if I was going to buy the truck until I saw it in person, but it all had to be done within a small timeframe. And I know it's an easy enough fix, so I'll take care of it myself in the near future.

As for the shocks, I definitely brought that up a few times. But knowing I got a good deal, it wasn't a dealbreaker for me. Again, something I'll address in the near future.

As for mods, I guess I don't need to worry about the exhaust since it sounds fantastic. Not only that, but now we are focusing on paying off my wife's Grand Cherokee so we only have the Raptor payment. So the pricey mods will have to wait probably until the summer, but I would like to address the following in the near future:

• stubby antenna (though, I hear both good and bad, so I may even consider the 13 inch "off road" antenna that supposedly has some good feedback)
  • swap all interior lights over to LED
  • LED license plate lights
  • tailgate assist
  • rear emblem (want to get rid of the blue)
  • intake
  • floor jack

Congrats! Luckily when I got mine out of state it was only 3 hours away.

Thanks!! Lucky! The drive wasn't terrible, it would have been more fun with a co-pilot.

Congrats on your Raptor!

:biggrin: I keep having this huge shit eating grin every time I remember I have a Raptor sitting in my driveway or when someone brings it up to me! Thank you!

YOU DID IT!!!!!!
I am very happy for you. I have been keeping tabs on your search since the first time you mentioned it and your plans a year ago. Great write up. Great looking truck, great color. The price is good. Make sure the fuse is done TSB 15-0137 per Ford and recall for lead frame in transmission TSB 13-06-08 (engine light and will not shift). Now you are officially an owner of a Ford Raptor. Are you going to change the avatar now ?

Yes you have! I'll never forget you telling me to stop being a "martyr" and to just go and buy one already. :lol:

Your subtle persuasion throughout the past year kept me motivated! hahaha

And yes, thanks! I absolutely LOVE this color more and more each day. I wasn't aware of the lead frame issue, so I'll definitely be having that addressed very soon.

My signature has been updated, but I still like my avatar. Maybe I'll change my mind soon enough. Thanks, again, for the kind words! :cheers:

Congratulations! Glad you found one and had absolute support from your wife! I've got a similar story - wife and I got a one-way rental and had a road trip adventure from NC to MA earlier this year while it was still snowing there, stopping in PA on both legs. Lots of fun, but we were glad to pull into the driveway at home!

Enjoy the truck - there's nothing like it!

Thanks, man! Yeah, very similar! Where in MA are you located?

That's what everyone keeps saying. I'm pretty sure you're right!

A blue Gen 1 in someone's driveway just caught my eye going to Yankee Spirits, knew you were close by figured it was you. Congrats man good luck with it.

Good eye! Funny, because I'd seen a white Gen 2 driving down 118 a few days prior but it didn't hit me that it was you, because you just don't see many Gen 2's (or even Gen 1's, for that matter) in the area.

Though, there is a blue Gen 2 right off Tiger Lily Lane. Nice guy, too!

Now that you know where I live, feel free to swing by sometime when you see the garage door open. My beer fridge is always stocked (and I'm a beer snob, too), so you won't see any Bud or Coors Lights!

What's your drink of choice?

Ineedabubble,
Congratulations. I think that the blue trim inside goes with the SE; though I am not absolutely positive. I too have the Blue Flame...it's the fastest color! &;^ )
Enjoy it! I had mine for 3 years before I started to do any significant upgrades. Think of what you want to do, and how you want to use it. The possibilities are virtually endless...
Good luck, and that smile? It's still there 4 years and 99,926 miles later!

Eddie

Thank you, Eddie! I'm not sure about the SE part, either. But definitely the fastest color! ;)

There's not a ton of offroading spots in the immediate area, but I envision camping/hiking, the occasional off road run, etc. So I don't see a huge need to upgrade the suspension anymore than what it has.

Ask me again in a few years, though!

Awesome post. Great looking truck. Enjoy it you deserve it. The passion you have is what this forum needs.

Much appreciated...thanks for the kind words!

That’s a very clean Raptor brother. Good job with the “gazelle intensity” of the debt snowball. I’m very happy that you bought a great truck that will be great for you and your family for a long time. Congrats!

:happy107: Thank you! It really is in great shape. Looks like it was very well taken care of.

I'm a firm believer in the snowball method, but I know not everyone is (here's looking at you, Dave Ramsey).

Awesome! Congrats, enjoy it.

You've been searching for as long as I have been here, glad you found a good one.

Ha, yes, I have! Thank you, Frank!

Nice find!!! Now you just need to wife to support some mods.

Oh she will...once her Jeep is paid off! lol

Wow, that thing looks new! Congrats, and I am sure the search/trip was a blast.

Yeah it does!! And thank you, it was definitely something I'm glad I did. Exhausting, but well worth it!

Dilly! Dilly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoarseDamagedLeafbird-small.gif

Congrats on finally finding your dream truck! Well worth the wait I'm sure! Blue is the best color btw, and you were fortunate enough to find one that is the right color inside and out! Let the adventure begin!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Like I've been told and told others many times, good things come to those who wait. This truck was meant for me! Thanks!!

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add a super charger and you will think you bought a hole different truck.

Congrats!
R,
HAP