Carbon fiber or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JECIV

Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering a 2018. The one thing I can’t decide is whether or not to get the carbon fiber package. From what I can tell, if you don’t get the carbon fiber, the shifter is leather stitched. Is that true? I like the carbon fiber through the cab, but not at the expense of the leather stitched shifter. Open to thoughts and opinions! Thanks!

tbraly

Reaction score
I just picked my Raptor up Monday. I ordered it with the Carbon fiber package. I traded in my 2017 Platinum and it had the leather shifter. I really like the feel and look of the carbon fiber shifter and the rest of the package. I guess it just depends on what you want, but that's my two cents.

DIO

Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering a 2018. The one thing I can’t decide is whether or not to get the carbon fiber package. From what I can tell, if you don’t get the carbon fiber, the shifter is leather stitched. Is that true? I like the carbon fiber through the cab, but not at the expense of the leather stitched shifter. Open to thoughts and opinions! Thanks!

just get an aftermarket Carbon Fiber overlay from HCM carbon. I think applying the whole package is a bit much, but with this you can pick and choose where you want to stick the CF. just a thought :)

17 + Raptor Carbon Fiber Overlay Dash Kit – HCMCARBON

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cf package seems like a waste to me. If it was cf fenders or hood or something functional it wouldn't bother me. But paying extra for fancy plastic interior pieces on a truck seems silly.

DIO

Reaction score
the cf package seems like a waste to me. If it was cf fenders or hood or something functional it wouldn't bother me. But paying extra for fancy plastic interior pieces on a truck seems silly.

Yes

Beauf

Reaction score
I like the look of the CF, but..... If you weighed the whole kit, I am betting that the cost per gram is higher than that of gold.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just get an aftermarket Carbon Fiber overlay from HCM carbon. I think applying the whole package is a bit much, but with this you can pick and choose where you want to stick the CF. just a thought :)

17 + Raptor Carbon Fiber Overlay Dash Kit – HCMCARBON

That overlay package has more CF than the Ford OEM one. Just a heads-up... The Ford one really doesn't have that much, the door inserts, the shifter, and the sliding "Sync" door. Your option has 46 pieces!