Buying a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nohatpat

Reaction score
So this is my first post on here. I currently drive a 2006 f150 super crew on 26" rims. I'm tired of driving around in a "car-truck." I will not be buying the raptor for another 8 months or so but I'm still super excited about it. I have been doing some reading and I see alot of people do a "mid perch mod?" Is that just a more beefy leveling kit? Also what are some other common mods that people do to them? I was thinking about running 37" tires on 20" rims. Will that rub? I have read that some do and some don't...so who's lying? Just any input about owning a raptor will be great! I look forward to hearing for you guys.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome...

Rub depends on tire (brand) and being willing to do some "simple" modifications inside the fender well. Obvious mid perch adjustment at a minimum.

Maybe you should simply transfer your 26" wheels to the raptor.........people on this forum love that "look"

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, mid perch is the adjustment of the stock front shock. 37s will require trimming of the lips in the fender wells and depending on the offset of your wheels they may or may not rub. I would assume they would still rub during heavy offroading though.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Now that you found this place have a look around and you'll be sure to answer all of your questions on your own.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome...

Rub depends on tire (brand) and being willing to do some "simple" modifications inside the fender well. Obvious mid perch adjustment at a minimum.

Maybe you should simply transfer your 26" wheels to the raptor.........people on this forum love that "look"

You trying to get him beat up? Lol