Been driving a Shelby GT500 GO SVT!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well one day not to long ago I heard about a truck called the RAPTOR and it is a SVT project like my Shelby. I said hhhmmmm! Why? Because i've been 4Wheeling for over 45 years and when i got the Shelby i wanted so bad i traded my Tahoe my jet fishing boat and my Harley FatBob. Well i have nearly overdosed on adrenalin, my Shelby was modified, 610fwhp, over 600 ftlbs torque. it is red with black Shelby stripes and it's a 'vert! well back to SVT. I learned to admire them through the Shelby. AN F150 WITH THIER NAME ON IT! Had to look! Liked what I saw. Started looking. Local dealer could not help me. Ended up in Jacksonville, AR at Crains, they are big. Well they had a Raptor ordered just like I wanted. They loved my little car. We worked a deal. I got a build date of 3/21/12. It"s a Race Red Screw with every option offered. I've already order a WICKED PERFORMANCE URBAN ASSAULT BUMPER, A 12,000 LB winch (we havelots of mud here in AR), K&N cai and looking at Rouch xhaust. Well here i am you guys have already taught me alot. Thanks, Stephen :waytogo:

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a hard deal to make. I hope you are happy with your Raptor. I could never trade my Shelby for anything. I had to keep both.

OP
OP
ARRAPTOR

ARRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bluoval i here u, but look at my age I'm 59, i got the Shelby for a chick magnet, it works but they are little to young for me. I'D RATHER BE IN THE WOODS WHERE I BELONG!

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a hard deal to make. I hope you are happy with your Raptor. I could never trade my Shelby for anything. I had to keep both.

I got rid of my Shelby when I bought the Raptor, it hurt to do and still does a little bit but I can always get another one in a few years or better yet something even nicer. I've been having Porsche dreams lately.

Tejas

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well one day not to long ago I heard about a truck called the RAPTOR and it is a SVT project like my Shelby. I said hhhmmmm! Why? Because i've been 4Wheeling for over 45 years and when i got the Shelby i wanted so bad i traded my Tahoe my jet fishing boat and my Harley FatBob. Well i have nearly overdosed on adrenalin, my Shelby was modified, 610fwhp, over 600 ftlbs torque. it is red with black Shelby stripes and it's a 'vert! well back to SVT. I learned to admire them through the Shelby. AN F150 WITH THIER NAME ON IT! Had to look! Liked what I saw. Started looking. Local dealer could not help me. Ended up in Jacksonville, AR at Crains, they are big. Well they had a Raptor ordered just like I wanted. They loved my little car. We worked a deal. I got a build date of 3/21/12. It"s a Race Red Screw with every option offered. I've already order a WICKED PERFORMANCE URBAN ASSAULT BUMPER, A 12,000 LB winch (we havelots of mud here in AR), K&N cai and looking at Rouch xhaust. Well here i am you guys have already taught me alot. Thanks, Stephen :waytogo:

You made the right call---the GT500's are not selling at all here. I have a 2012 and wish I had waited for the 2013----that will be a tough car to get unless you want to pay over sticker for a while...

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bluoval i here u, but look at my age I'm 59, i got the Shelby for a chick magnet, it works but they are little to young for me. I'D RATHER BE IN THE WOODS WHERE I BELONG!

Hey I have owned several Shelby's but I must say being a southerner from NC I'd rather be in the woods where I belong too!

Congrats on your purchase you will love it!! Its one hell of a truck and this site will make you broke!