Beast Mode: ON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjlarsen

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!!! My name is William. I'm stoked to be joining this community and getting up to speed on everything RAPTOR!

PURCHASE
I bought my Raptor a week ago, here in LA. It was a manhunt to find one at any of the many, many dealerships around here. I did pay MSRP but I got a 3.5% APR so I'm not going to get screwed too bad on the interest. It was pretty comical buying it because at one point I walked away from the deal, packed my kids and wifey in the van, when the manager came running out saying he wanted to make the deal on my APR% I don't know how much demand is still out there for this truck? I was assuming that the demand was still high so I was willing to pay MSRP but I wish I would have cut them down a couple grand now that I realize they might have been desperate. IDK—no regrets.

TYPE/FEATURES
I got the fully loaded SCREW with the "flame blue" interior. It's the Tuxedo Black with ALL the goodies. This 6.2L V8 is amazing!!!

LOVE/HATE
I love EVERYTHING about this truck, except the My Ford Touch system. This thing is a piece of crap. I actually design interfaces for a living (e.g. iPhone/iPad apps and desktop software) so it aggravates me to no end how buggy, slow and distracting working the touch screen is. I've studied several touch screens of various manufacturers and I have to say the Korean and Japanese car makers have this technology down (duh, big surprise I know). The Germans even do a better but less intuitive job. I don't know why FORD doesn't get this under control because consumers are expecting more and more from their in-car technology.

I'm still breaking the Raptor in slowly with my daily drive but I have a family trip planned next weekend and then it's time to GO CRAZY!!

I'm also figuring out the best fifth wheel setup for my trailer while managing that 8K pound towing limitation. I'll be updating everyone on that soon!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Attachments

• 8670240439_9c6a2f6635_o.jpg
    8670240439_9c6a2f6635_o.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 93
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! My friend bought a Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior about a week after I got my Raptor. His came with Toyota's "Entune" system. It is utter unintuitive garbage. He hates it. It makes MFT look like your own personal robot. I've grown to appreciate MFT after seeing his in action.