Another 2013 Raptor Owner in TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omnix1200

Reaction score
I just traded my 2011 Mustang GT for a used 2013 Raptor with 119k on the clock. Yes, I really hated giving up the Mustang, but I need a truck and I was ready for a change. So far, I've only been able to take it down some old country roads (at slightly higher than posted speeds) which was enough fun to confirm that I had made the right choice.

After running the backroads, I got a CEL light for HO2S (P0050 and P0155). I figure it's just a simple O2 replacement, but, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, when I left to come back to San Antonio, I had 1/2 tank. As I was driving along doing about 60 (yes, I was behaving myself), the fuel gauge started dropping quickly down to 1/4 tank in about 15 miles - at the same time, I watched the miles to empty drop about every 10 seconds. Concerned that I had a fuel leak, I stopped to fill up with only 1/4 on the gauge. Oddly, though, it took less than 15 gallons to fill the truck up - I'm pretty sure I have the 36 gallon tank, but not positive. Not seeing any fuel on the ground, or any other problem (ie flat tire) I decided to continue on. The rest of the way home (about 100 miles) the problem seemed to go away. Weird...

The truck appears to be pretty-much stock, so I would appreciate any suggestions on what upgrades or accessories that I should look at. I plan on mostly using the Raptor as a regular truck, but I want to be able to take it out on the weekends and play - mostly flying down dirt roads, going to the beach, and occasionally doing some light off-roading. My other hobbies include photography and astronomy, so I'm always trying to get to hard-to-reach locations with dark skies.

I appreciate all of the info in advance. And, if anyone knows who traded in a tuxedo black 2013 Raptor with 119k on the clock around San Antonio/New Braunfels, please give me a shout. I would like to find out what has been done to the truck so far.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Howdy from College Station. A shock rebuild would be a priority with that mileage if if hasn't been done already. Deaver springs for the rear will really improve the ride. If your not going to offroad hard I would do springs before bumpstops but don't be surprised it you have so much fun you start modding like crazy!!!