300 Mile, New Raptor Break In

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Y'all,
I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself to the group. I am the new owner of a 2012 Silver Supercrew Raptor. I contacted Randy earlier this week due to the high recomendations from a lot of members of this forum. I was not dissapointed. I was able to pick up my new raptor in Poteau, OK yesterday evening. I decided to make the trip from Mississippi because Randy was able to get me $3000 off sticker. Buying the truck could not have been easier. I walked in, signed some papers, and got my keys.
I woke up this morning and made the beautiful drive through Southeastern, Oklahoma. I was not aware of the mountainous terrain that I would be driving but, I was pleasently surpised. The truck handled great through the winding roads. I tried putting the Raptor through its paces even though it is a brand new engine. The throttle was very responsive and the trasmission shifted flawlesslly through the steep inlines and declines. The 6.2 L would take a deep breath before releasing the 411 horsepower. IT WAS AWESOME!!!
I traveled about 300 Miles to Dallas and averaged about 13 MPG. I love the stance, look, ride, and performance of this truck. I had a lot of heads turning while I drove through the small mountain towns. People tended to get out of the way when they saw the intimidating front end closing quickly behind them!!! I'm headed to south texas tmrw for work. I hope I can get some time off soon to take the truck into brush country to see how it performs.
Here some pics. More to come!!!

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 83

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome aboard, when your ready for some sound out of that thing, let me know!! ;)

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. You really make me want to rip the stickers off my truck and get a can of blue spray-paint for my seats!