2017 Raptor Tailgate Applique Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertH6657

Reaction score
Hello all you Raptor fans! After owning nearly every model of Ford F-150 trucks over the past two decades (except a Raptor), I finally pulled the trigger and picked up my 17' Screw Raptor yesterday. I immediately joined the Forum because I have a question that I should have caught at the Dealership PRIOR to driving it home. I am not on any other Forums so the process is new for me. In other words, I am not sure if I am to ask questions here or somewhere else on the Forum. If I am doing this wrong, I apologize. Maybe one of the veterans can give me feedback??? But, here's the question. On the Optional Tailgate Appliqué on the left lower side (Driver's side), it's supposed to have "F-150" there. On the opposite side on the appliqué it's supposed to have "Raptor" there. I bought my Raptor in Florida at a Dealership. New, not used. Where it's supposed to have "F-150" on the appliqué, it has "LOBO" instead. Anybody know what that means? I was thinking I have Raptor that was supposed to go South of the Border, but ended up in Florida??? I called Dealer and he said that they ordered the Raptor and they did not notice it either. Course I don't really believe he knew.

mcote1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Raptor and welcome to FRF

I'm no veteran but if you click on the "forum" option on navigation link bar you will see that everything is broken down into broad categories

Last word of advice beware of trolls..... lol

OP
OP
RobertH6657

RobertH6657

Reaction score
First, thanks for the feedback. So if this were YOUR new Raptor, would you request the Appliqué or emblem be replaced with the U.S.-correct appliqué? I guess my concern is if this is a screw up by Ford and having it this way is unique, how does it hurt or help the value of the vehicle? Said another way, in your opinions, will it hurt the value of the Raptor because potential buyers may think it was brought in from Mexico?

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you could have the dealer get a new emblem for you.. I would just double check the registration and all the other documents to make sure they just used the wrong emblem when making the truck.

Personally I'd keep the Lobo emblem and then swap it for the f150 emblem when I was going to sell it.

Also now I'll probably spend some time checking if they call the f150 a different name in any other markets.

OP
OP
RobertH6657

RobertH6657

Reaction score
Check it out

Thanks guys. Ford is mailing me the F-150 badge so I can change it if I want. Based on the group feedback, I am keeping the LOBO badge on the Raptor.

Attachments

• IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 54