2014 Ruby Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indyraptor

Reaction score
Hello all! After lurking here the past few months I figured I should probably join the community. I'm in central Indiana and picked up a 2014 screw in ruby red late last year from a dealer with 45k miles on it. Seemed a little risky given it had two prior owners with some miles on it, but in the end I couldn't pass it up. So far I have:

• Moved over my Husky floor mats (love these!) from my trusty 2012 Lariat that I traded in
  • Put on a Stubby
  • Replaced cracked windshield cowls (both-from old hail damage it would seem
  • Replaced a dying OEM battery with a new Odyssey
  • Had the shocks rebuilt by Forged Off-road
  • Set to mid perch by a local shop when I had them swap out the rebuilt shocks

I'll try to get some recent pictures soon - it's at the dealer right now getting them to re-balance the tires (finally got them to admit that the vibrations weren't just due to the "knobby" KO2's and do the road force balance). I attached a picture from the day I brought it home, though.

Planning/hoping to acquire:
  • Rocker/undercarriage protection with HDMP
  • VHF radio
  • Amber chase lights
  • Recovery gear
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Some kind of removable in-bed storage for the spare tire, jack, gas, etc.
  • Front bumper/light/winch combination
  • Rear bumper/light combination

Hopefully I can get enough of this done in time for the next Sno Ball :biggrin: It's a long list, so budget will be an issue, but never hurts to have a wish list!

I'll keep my eye out for locals heading to the Badlands in the near future, and am floating the idea to my wife of taking a summer trip up to Silver Lake for an overdue vacation.

Attachments

• IMG_2667.jpg
    IMG_2667.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
indyraptor

indyraptor

Reaction score
Welcome! digging the color match! enjoy it

Yeah one of the previous owners must have done that, as well as removed the hood graphic, since you can still see a faint outline of where it used to be. I’ll probably have some black vinyl put on there someday to cover it.

The nice color match does make me pause at one of my plans, which is to get LineX on the fenders, since there’s already a handful of chips in the paint on them. Pricing at local shops though has been pretty steep so I’m still looking for an affordable place to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk